Chapter 5 - Now You See Me

A little warning: Spicy content ahead! I'll mark the spicy parts.

**********************************************************************************

When I arrived home I was greeted by Han-Seo and Na-Ri, who stayed with me for the time being, doing it on my couch.
"Oh sh*t!", I shouted and quickly turned around.
"Su-Mi!", Na-Ri and Han-Seo both yelled out in pure shock.
"Oh my God! We're so sorry. We thought you were at work", Na-Ri said.
"I was. But guess what? I have a new partner for the next view months." My best friend was quick to connect the dots.
"Don't tell me ...", she started.
"Exactly. I'm gonna tell you everything, but please, do me a favour and get dressed first", I pleaded, still facing my front door.
"Relax, all the important parts are covered now." Na-Ri giggled. After overcoming her initial shock she probably thought this whole situation was super funny.
I turned around tentatively, still partially covering my eyes. As I saw that both of them were decent enough, I put my hands down.
"Now spill the beans. What's up?", Na-Ri asked eagerly.
"My senior partner, Mr. Cho, told me, that a Law Firm from Japan reached out to us, discussing a future partnership between our two offices. He thought this was a great idea and agreed to them sending a lawyer over for a couple months without talking to me first, which was totally fine, because I was also thrilled about this possible partnership. Till I saw who the 'lawyer' was."
"Please don't tell me it's-"
"Exactly", I interrupted Na-Ri. "Min-Jun. He said he wanted to be close to me. Pf", I snorted. "As if."
"What now?"
"That's a good question, Han-Seo. Well, I fled the office after he kept making moves on me. That was so irritating. And his stupid saran'ah! So annoying!"
"You like it?", Na-Ri asked with a mischievous smile.
"Like what?", I asked irritated.
"All the attention from Min-Jun."
"Of course she doesn't. Right, Su-Mi?", Han-Seo chimed in, totally outraged. "If I may remind you, honey, she has a boyfriend. Isn't that right, Su-Mi?" He looked at me expactantly.
"Of course I don't like the so called attention from Min-Jun. Why would I? That's insane." She didn't reply to that but just looked at me with an impenetrable expression.
"Anyways. I think you need a distraction. Plus, Yeo-Sang has been whining to Vincenzo non-stop about not seeing you for a couple of days", she said. That brought a little smile to my face, knowing that Yeo-Sang missed me.
"So that's why I though we should all go out today. Clubbing. You, me, Yeo-Sang, Han-Seo, Vincenzo, Cha-Young" My smile faded upon hearing Cha-Young's name. I mean, we didn't hate each other anymore, but there was still no love lost between us. We always had to make a competition out of everything. What can I say. She turned into my No. 1 frenemy. "And of course Mi-Ri."
I beamed at Na-Ri. "Oh yes! Mi-Ri! We didn't have a chance to hang out in so long! It will be awesome!" Mi-Ri and I also got closer ever since Na-Ri decided to move away with Han-Seo and live their live as happy newlyweds.
"It's great that you're so into this idea because I had it planned before you told me about your work situation and already called everyone. They're all on board."
"Great! It's gonna be lit!"

"Wow!", Na-Ri exclaimed when she saw my outfit. "Girl, you look so hot. Yeo-Sang is gonna drop dead when he sees you."
"Stop", I said and waved off her compliments while blushing. We were both interrupted by my door bell.
"That's probably Yeo-Sang", I said with a huge smile and quickly made my way to open the door. Hot d*mn, my boyfriend looked hot.

 Hot d*mn, my boyfriend looked hot