Part 3

While the Maharani was thinking up theories about her brother's sudden visit, the Maharaja was overseeing the last minute arrangements for Maaya's Swayamvar. Suitors from all over Hindustan and even from Persia were coming to see her. Of course it was more for the alliance between the kingdoms rather than the actual person.

Sighing, Mahaveer shook his head, continuing his work. All of this was for Maaya's happiness. Yet she barely spent time with him. The death of their father was the last string of their crumbling relationship. The child that once ran behind him calling him Bhaiya, now avoided his gaze for even the smallest things.

Searching through his memories, the last time she called him Bhaiya was 4 years ago. They haven't spoken since then. All of her responses to his questions were simply shaking her head. With a heavy heart the King continued to make sure everything was ready before going back to his shared chambers with the queen.

Perhaps a glimpse of an angel like his wife could help him feel better. Just a silly little hope that she would help him feel better. In reality, falling into the trap of her beauty would just be a distraction to forget those bad feelings at the current moment.

Those negative feelings were rooted deep inside him. And the mental trauma faced by that horrendous event would never go away. No matter how deep he buried inside of him. No one knew what actually happened. Not even Yuthika. It was only Veer carrying the heavy burden.

And hopefully it stayed that way. If ANYONE found out the truth, they would be heartbroken. But of course Veer being the great King he kept it to himself to avoid others from hurting. Even if that meant hurting himself along the way. That was a small sacrifice for the greater good.