𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞?

. ݁ . ݁ ๋࣭ EPIPHANY} . . . act i
  . . . raised in hatred

                              CHAPTER THREE ⋆⭒˚。⋆
           —'the best game?'

Amaya had taken four showers to get rid of the icky feeling of the toilet water

Her hair was still damp but at least it was from fresh water. Her clothes were doomed and the stench wouldn't come out.

She had traded them for a pair of shorts and a tank top that were more comfortable as she walked down a path.

"You look better," Marcus said with a large grin.

"Yeah, I guess you didn't bother showering," she looked him up and down. "You still stink."

"Hey! Ive taken two showers already!" He jumped back defensively. "Besides that... where are you heading to?"

"Training, I should've been there a few minutes ago but, oh well," she shrugged.

"Didn't you already train today?"

"Yeah, but I've been gone for months, I need to be the best again," she flexed her muscles jokingly.

"I thought you would always be the best?" He looked at her with a stupid smirk on his lips.

"Oh I am, don't worry," she smiled. "Just someone is very close to beating me."

"Who? Me?"

"You wish," Amaya giggled. "I meant Luke, dummy."

Marcus rolled his eyes. "I'm going to eat, you should as well."

"Nah, I'll grab a snack or something later." She waved Marcus goodbye and headed towards the armory.

⊹₊⋆☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆☁︎⋆₊ ⊹

She'd been swinging her sword at a human-shaped target for who knows how long. The sun had started.

Amaya hadn't realized how much anger had been boiling from the past few months. All of those dumb teachers, the tests and worst of all, babysitting since Grover couldn't be trusted.

She heard faint footsteps coming behind her.

"Whoa!" Percy gasped, he had started to walk over towards Amaya and now he had a shimmering silver sword pressing against his throat. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you."

"Nobody sneaks up on me," she scoffed and put her sword back into her bracelet.
"What do you need?"

"Umm," Percy wasn't fully sure what he wanted. "Just wanted to talk, I guess."