A plane away

Salish POV:
I woke up with only 4 hours sleep! 3:00 happened wayyy to fast. Maybe I could sleep on the plane... I got out of bed and changed into a pair of joggers and an oversized hoodie that Nidal left at my house last time he was here, I don't think he knows. I grabbed my headphones and my phone from my nightstand and headed downstairs. I made my usual acai bowl and checked my bag whilst waiting for my dad in the lounge. I quickly got some frozen fruit for a car snack because if I don't dad complains a lot.

J: "Say Say are you ready!"
S: "mhm, got everything I need. I need to say bye to mum and I'll meet you in the car!"
J: "Ok don't be long though Say..."

L: "Hey say, are you going now?"
S: "Yep I've got everything I need, I love you mum!"
L: "Have fun say, love you too!"

I run to the car and hop in the front. I turn the radio on to Taylor swift and fall asleep.

Nidal's POV:
I woke up this morning in a rush. I needed to catch my flight for 1:30am
I am so excited to see Salish. My sister is taking the flight with me and Salish because she has nothing better to do. I love her really but she is really annoying. I asked Jiji if she was ready to go and we left.
When we were at the airport all I had was my phone headphones and I.D for boarding. We finally got in our seats and I messaged Salish that we're on the plane, she was probably asleep though, I wouldn't blame her. When she woke up she sent me a message.

S: Morning, how are you holding up on 2.5 hours sleep
N: quite good to be honest, thought I'd be doing worse
S: that's good, we are nearly at the airport, how far are you??
N: about 10 minutes from landing
S: tell us when you land ok
N: ok I will <3
S: stay safe <3

Salish POV:
we finally arrived at the airport, Nidal said he landed a few minutes ago. I looked around and suddenly I saw him. I ran up to him and hugged him as tight as I could. My dad had my bags so no one was hurt.

N: "I missed you Say!"
S: "I missed you more!"
N: make sure to say bye to your dad then we can board the plane.

I hugged my dad, I still don't do emotion but I wouldn't be seeing him in a while, so I gave him some empathy. I walked away with nidal and Jiji then boarded the plane.

Nidal's POV:
We got on the plane and Salish is in the middle and Jiji gets the window seat so she can send pictures to Salish. I hugged Salish again and we put on a movie while Jiji was taking pictures outside the window. About half way through our movie I felt a sudden weight on my shoulder. I carefully turned my head and I saw Salish's head resting on my shoulder. I put my arm around her and kissed her forehead. I turned the movie down slightly so she could sleep better. Jiji took some pictures for some reason that I don't remember, something about a photo album???

A while later we landed I slowly woke Salish up and we headed off the plane. We all walked to the car where Juju was waiting with Ella. Jiji on the right Salish in the middle and me on the left. I felt a bit tired but I didn't want to go to sleep, so I rested my head on Salish's shoulder and closed my eyes. Jiji whispered something to Salish and my head was on her lap all of a sudden. I felt her put her nails in my hair and scratched my back. It felt sooo good.

Salish's POV:
5 minutes into the car ride I saw nidal get really tired and he laid his head on my shoulder. I told Jiji because I didn't know what to do. She moved his head down onto my lap and told me to put my hands in his hair. I hesitated at first but then it was less awkward and more relaxing. Even though I always say his hair looks like a rats nest, it doesn't it's really smooth? But don't tell him. I kissed his forehead lightly and stroked his hair until the car journey was over then I woke Nidal up and we headed inside.

Ji: "Stop being so awkward, I know you love each other really..."
S: "okay..."
N: "Mhm"
S: "Where did you get that idea from??"
Ji: " the way you kiss each other's head when you were both sleeping, the way that you care for each other...."

That was a late night blast I guess. I hope you enjoy this story and yh
Words: 866