Chapter 5

"I'm sorry I was drunk! I'm sorry!" Sam shouted as I ripped off his finger nails and one of my knights stabbed his feet

"Raping a woman is one fucked up thing but forcing yourself on the Empress is a whole different level." I chuckled shaking my head.

"I was drunk!" He cried. "I'm disappointed Sam. You had amazing skills I was planning on appointing you to a golden knight." I said.
That wasn't true at all but the reaction on his face was worth the lie.

"Seriously? Fuck!" He yelled. "Julian. After all his finger nails are gone , tie him up in the forest and feed him to Ripper." I said then left. Ripper is a silver huge wolf that lives in the forest near the palace , a killer he is , the villagers named him that because he would roam around a lot and rip apart whoever he could see.

It would be too much of a bother to kill him so I left it.

Julian nodded and I left the dungeons and made my way back to my bedroom. Anastasia was still soundly asleep in my bed. It was around midnight.

I took off my bloody shirt but I hadn't noticed she was now awake. "Your highness?" She whispered wiping her eyes. "Go back to sleep." I said in an accidental rough tone.

"Sorry." She said then laid back down. I sighed and then laid next to her , she turned around and smiled a little. "Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded her head.

I caressed her face until she fell back asleep and at some point I fell asleep too.

-

"I'll see you at lunch I have work I need to do." I told her and she nodded then left my room. After getting changed I went into my office and studied as I starting reading and signing a lot of papers with the help of one of my knights.

I looked outside my window and was immediately greeted by the sight of my wife. She was teasing her guards by pretending to fall into the fountain scaring them. But then a few moments later she actually fell but laughed as she rose from the water making the guards laugh with her.

I shook my head and continued with my work. "Your Majesty. A group of silver knights request you to spectate their training today. Some of them think they are fit to become golden knights." One of the silver knight commanders Felix said.

I groaned. "You do not have to your Majesty-" Peter who was accompanying Felix started to speak but I cut him off. "Well of course I don't have to do anything for you low lifes." I snapped.

"Sorry." They bowed then turned around. "But I'll be there in an hour. Give then time to prepare if they really think they are worthy enough." I leaned back in my seat. They nodded then left.

After finishing all the papers I made my way to the training grounds accompanied by five golden knights who were interested.

As soon as the doors opened the swords stopped everyone bowed as I walked up the steps then to my seat. "Get into two lines if you wish to fight in front of the Emperor and prove yourself worthy!" Peter yelled and about a quarter of the knights went into two lines.

The first two started fighting and one of the men won in a few seconds I wasn't that impressed though. "Next two fighters up!" Peter yelled and the next two started to get into a fighting stance but then the door opened and I didn't think anything of it until I saw a dress.

Anastasia walked through it gracefully holding her dress while two silver knights followed her.
The hell is she doing here. She caught the attention of many men in the room , they all stared at her like she was freshly baked cake.

Suddenly she looked up and we made eye contact. She smiled immediately and starting walking towards me but as she started walking up the stairs one of my knights stopped her.

"What are you doing your highness?" He asked her holding her arm. "Seeing my husband?" She responded. "Ethan get your hand off her." I gritted out angry and he gasped and let go immediately.

"What are you doing here Anastasia." I said. "I came to watch my guard Francis. ,He's trying out to be a golden knight." She smiled leaning over the railing a few steps in front of me.

The men then started fighting and I noticed Anastasia flinch when there was a hit or stab. "So bloody." She mumbled. "Well you don't have to be here." I said boredly. "No I want to watch Francis." She said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

I adjusted in my seat and watched as the men fought. "Francis is up next." She grinned looking at me and I nodded my head a little bit. I watched as Francis looked up at her when it was his turn , he smiled and waved at her. She waved back enthusiastically.

He ended up winning the fight and I was impressed but not enough to appoint him as a golden knight.

"He's great right?" Anastasia turned her head to me. "You only speak to me when you are spoken to." I gritted out and her eyes widened. "Sorry." She said quietly and turned back around.

We watched in silence , round after round.

"Permission to speak?" She said as the last two men fought. "Go on." I responded. "That tournament thing that you host once a year..the winner becomes a golden knight right?" She said and I nodded.

"If you appoint men to golden knights just by watching them like this to see if they're good enough doesn't it defeat the purpose of the tournament?" She asked. "No. No man has succeeded in becoming one just like this. Only when they are on the battlefield do I really judge them." I said.

"Then aren't these men just wasting their time?" She questioned. "Yes but it pushes them to be better so I let it be." I sighed. "Ohh.." She nodded her head but she didn't look like she knew what I was talking about.

"The big tournament is a month from now." I said and she smiled. "Are you inviting me?". "No." I scoffed , "But if you want to come I won't stop you." I continued.

"I'll come!" She grinned showing her one dimple.
The sun shined on her face which really emphasised her green eyes. She really is a beautiful girl , by far the prettiest I've ever seen.

I wonder why I've never heard of her.
She's interesting too.

Maybe I'll keep her around for a bit.