Chapter 18

"Angel

"Angel." Elijah said coming from no where as I was painting. "Yes?" I responded. "the monthly dinner your family wanted to do on our anniversary. I was busy last month but tonight since it is our anniversary they want to come for dinner." He said.

"Aren't they attending your ball tomorrow? We can have the dinner together then." I shrugged cleaning my paint brush.

He nodded his head. "That's a nice painting. Is that the garden?" He asked. "Mhm. I love flowers a lot." I smiled.

"Why don't we go for some tea in the garden?" He asked. "That sounds great." I grinned and stood up. As we walked, Veronica and her father were coming toward us.

"Your Majesty." Her father bowed. He's the king...of I don't even know what kingdom. Elijah nodded his head. "What are you two doing?" Veronica smiled.

"Just going for tea in the garden." He responded. "Oh sweetheart you should join them. I need to go do some things." Her father said. "Good Idea father, if it's alright with you Elijah." Veronica grinned.

Elijah then looked at me and I nodded. "Okay then." He said and she walked next to Elijah.

We sat down in a nice little table in the garden and waited for the maids to bring tea and sweets.
"So Anastasia what are you wearing tomorrow?" Veronica said. "Don't know. I let my maids pick." I shrugged.

"Oh.." She smiled. I hummed then thanked Margaret as she placed the tea in front of us. Kiana then placed a plate of sweets in the middle as well.

"So Elijah. My father and I are going to go do archery next month, you should join us." She said. "Mm yes I might." Elijah nodded. "Great!" Veronica grinned.

"Can I try some of your tea? What is it?" I asked Elijah picking up his cup. "It's just black tea and yes." He responded while adjusting in his seat.

Just as the cup touched my lips he suddenly whacked it out of my hands, the hot tea spilled all over my neck. "Ow!" I winced. I couldn't help but notice Veronica giggling.

"Shit I'm so sorry Angel." He said and wiped the tea off me with his sleeve. "Why would you do that." I sighed. "I forgot I requested poison in it." He looked down.

"What?!" Veronica and I shreeked. "You- You were drinking out of that are you okay?" I held his face. "Elijah!" Veronica pushed me out of the way and wrapped her arms around him.

"Why would you harm yourself like that?" She whined and buried her head in his neck, I glared at her as Elijah watched me.

"Get off Veronica. My wife and I were talking." He said, she slowly stepped back and narrowed her eyes at me as I walked towards him. "I'm immune to all poison. My father forced me to drink a little everyday. Nowadays I like the taste so I'm sorry I almost did that to you." Elijah tucked my hair behind my ear.

"It's okay Elijah. You just frightened me." I held his hands. "Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded. I turned my head and Veronica wasn't there anymore. I shrugged it off.

Then we decided to go for a little walk. I saw Agatha coming out of the training grounds along with a maid and two silver knights. "A golden knight with silver knights? Don't see that often." Elijah said.

"Agatha!!" I skipped towards her. "Your Majesty!" Agatha laughed as I wrapped my arms around her neck and she lifted me up. "Angel." Elijah sighed shaking his head.

"I missed you." I smiled. "You saw me yesterday." She laughed. "I did." I gasped. "Anyway..what are you doing?" I asked then looked at her companions.

The maid was Francesca, I had tea with her, one of the silver knights really looked like her. They must be siblings. That's cute.

"We were about to go to the bar." She said.

The group was surprised to see the Empress hug Agatha so casually

Elijah was mad for whatever reason.

"We have a bar?" Anastasia tilted her head. "Mhm." Agatha nodded her head. "No Angel." Elijah said. "Let me go check it out please." She hugged Agathas arm.

"No. It's dirty." He narrowed his eyes. "That's rude." Anastasia said. "I don't care." Elijah sighed. "I'm sorry. I'll see you another time Agatha." Anastasia mumbled and hugged her again.

She very lightly shoved past Elijah as she walked. "Is that seriously all you can do." He chuckled and then chased after a now screaming Empress.

Agatha laughed watching the two.
Fiona and Felix looked at each other and took a deep breath.

About an hour later the siblings went into the village then came back not long after. They needed a quiet place to be so at midnight they went into the gardens.

"One drop is enough to kill someone." Felix said placing a small bottle of purple liquid in the middle of them.

"Are we really going to do this." Fionas eyes watered. "Fiona." Felix said caressing her face. "We need to prove to the royal family of Zeros and our family that we are worthy." He said.

"But once Alexander grows up he will have all the attention." Fiona mumbled. "But he can never say he killed the strongest Emperor to ever reign and his wife, the most beautiful woman in the Empire." He said softly.

"You're right.." She sighed and rubbed her head. "How will I even get close to her drink?" She whined. "All you have to do is wait for her maids to fetch a drink and secretly walk past and it drop it in." Felix slided the little bottle to his sister.

"And we will bring their heads to our father. He's going to be so proud. Just think about the reward from the king we would get." He sighed happily.

"Okay." Fiona nodded her head.

"Tomorrow we will poison the Emperor and Empresses drink." They said at the same time.