Chapter 7

"That was brave of you

"That was brave of you." Elijah told me as he put on his crown after getting changed. "It may have looked it on the outside but I was very scared." I said loudly since I was in the bathroom wiping my neck and wincing.

"What are you doing? You have been in there for quite some time." He said then suddenly the door opened and he stood there silently for a few seconds.

"I..forgot about that." He said and I just smiled through the pain. "I'm sorry." He looked at my neck and my eyes widened from shock, I can't believe he apologised.

"It's okay really." I said then he helped me wipe it all up. "Do you want to go to the feast or not hungry?" He said. "I'm not hungry." I responded but then my stomach rumbled and my cheeks turned pink from embarrassment. "Come on it just started." He lifted his arm so I put mine through his once again.

We walked into the large dining room with a massive long table filled with delicious food. All the heads turned as we walked to the end of the table where gold the chairs were.

"Your Majetys we are very happy you have decided to join us for food." The now king said to us. Elijah and I nodded in acknowledgment.
I looked at Annabelle and smiled , she grinned and waved so I did the same.

"You're amazing." She mouthed and I shook my head laughing , the two of us had a silent conversation for awhile I could tell we were going to be good friends.

I got distracted when Elijah slammed his hand on the table. Everyone around us flinched. "I don't care that you've just become king but keep looking at my wife like that and I will have your head." Elijah spat at Annabelles brother and I sighed.

"James you idiot I told you to stop staring at her now look. Your in the Emperors bad shoes now." She sighed as well. "My apologies I cannot help it she is very beautiful." The king said looking down. "I know." Is all Elijah said while eating making me smile a little bit.

"Would her Imperial highness happen to be free next sunday?" Annabelle said and I looked at Elijah. "Why is that." He said. "I'm hosting a tea party and I would be honoured if she joined." She responded and my face lit up.

"Please." I looked up at Elijah. "..yes but take a golden knight with you." He said and I grinned looking at Annabelle.

-the next day-

"I can't believe you stopped him. No has ever stopped Elijah or even tried to." Francis said to me as we walked. "I thought I was going to die." I giggled.

"Where is he though?" I asked. "His Majesty? He didn't tell you?" He said surprised. "What?" I mumbled. "He's down south. Did you not notice the golden knights were gone? They're fighting hundreds of rebels who tried overthrowing the kingdom a few weeks before you came." He answered.

"How long is Elijah gone for?" I said. "A month. He comes back just before the big tournament." He said. "A month? Wow why wouldn't he tell me." I sighed.

"It interests me because his Majesty is so different with you. But have you heard of sir Philip?" He said and I shook my head. "He's his Majestys only friend. He's an amazing fighter I'm sure you will meet him when they come back." He looked at me as I nodded.

"He's a golden knight too." He added. "Thought so." I laughed.

-
The next day
-

"Your highness what one?" One of the servants came up to me. I was sitting in my throne that was next to Elijahs , listening and attempting to give advice to the people.

The girl in front of me held up two similar as hell pieces of cloth. "The one to your left." I answered and she nodded then left.

I am so bored.

Then suddenly a wounded man walked in. The knights by me got on guard. The man walked closer to me but then the knights stopped him from coming any closer.

"Do not dare get any filth on her Majesty." One of the knights spoke but I raised my hand. "Leave him." I said. They slowly nodded then stepped back and the man walked up to me then fell to his knees.

"Your Imperial highness I beg! Get rid of the beast in the forest!" He cried and I tilted my head in confusion. "You must be talking about the wol-" , "The ripper." He cut me off. "Please. He ripped my wife and kids apart when we were picking berries. I just escaped! But please." He sobbed.

"And you all thought it was a good idea to pick...berries in the beasts home..?" I lifted my brow. Of course I felt bad but is it not common sense to stay away from a forest where a well known beast lurks.

"I'll send men tonight. Sir Lincoln please escort him to the palace nurse." I said and one of the knights nodded. "Thank you your Majesty! I will tell the villagers and the people from the capital of your kindness." He said then left.

"Someone please go fetch me all the commanders." I sighed and then a few knights rushed away. "Your highness would you like anything to drink?" Margaret asked me and I smiled shaking my head.

"No thank you Margaret. You look tired though , take the day off and have some rest." I said and her face lit up but she hid it quickly. "Thank you but I couldn't possibly-" , "Are you going to disobey your Empress?" I said and she laughed.

"Of course not. Thank you." She smiled bowing and I chuckled as she left.

Suddenly seven well dressed men stood in front of me.

"All the commanders as you wished your highness." A silver knight bowed then walked away after I thanked him.

"Please introduce yourselves. I don't quite know all your names. My apologies." I said crossing my legs. "It's quite alright your Majesty. My name is Tyrese I am commander of section four." He bowed.

"I'm Reve. Commander of section two." The guy next to him bowed. If I remember correctly each commander has over a thousand men in their section. But the commander of section one with less than thirty knights is Elijah himself. But thats the golden knights and they are all individually better than a hundred men.

While I was thinking four other men introduced themselves but I was too caught in thought to hear what they said but I didn't want them to repeat because that would just be embarrassing for me.

Then the last man stepped forward. "My name is Peter. I am the commander of section six and I'm also in charge of training the new knights." He bowed.

"I'm thrilled you asked for me. I'm always happy to help-" "She asked for all of us." The man next to him rolled his eyes and the others chuckled which almost made me laugh but I composed myself.

"I called you all to help with the problem in the woods." I said. "You mean the ripper?" Reve asked and I nodded , they all sucked in a breath.
"He..or she is causing a lot of trouble for the Villagers and townspeople and we need to get rid of it." I stood up.

"We? Do you mean you're participating in this too?" Tyrese said surprised.

"Well yes. I'm the Empress it's my job." I giggled walking away to start getting changed.

"I think I'm in love." I heard a voice behind me making me chuckle.