1

The crisp autumn air filled my lungs as I took in a breath of freedom. Today is when I finally leave Akkala, and my old life behind. I'm 18 and at last, I can do as I've always wanted and explore all of Hyrule with my horse Eva. I soaked in all of the scenery not knowing when I'd be back here to see it again. The beauty of this land, I've always admired how stunning Akkala is but it's time for a change. I pat Evas' neck and smile. "We're in for quite the adventure girl." I tell her. "No more messing around at the stable."

We keep trotting along up the hill and passing the newly built Terry Town. I've only been to it a few times but it's a lovely little town. I continue admiring the views around me, the mountains and hills. Enjoying every little detail, every passing breeze, and every slight scent.

I was so wrapped up in my world I didn't realize I was heading straight into a pair of Bokoblins scouting the area. Their wretched squeal took me out of my daydreams and my brain froze. Shit. I speed up Eva's pace and scramble to get my bow and arrow from my bag. I could hear their arrows whizzing by us causing me to panic even more. I finally managed to grab it but shooting it off the back of a running horse was my next challenge. I aligned my arrow and pulled it back to shoot it. I carefully aimed but with the movement of Eva galloping I wasn't getting a clear shot. Goddamn it. I take a deep breath and aim once more before releasing the arrow and missing my shot. I curse at myself as I try and find another arrow. My sweaty hands fumble through my quiver for an arrow. As I pull one out Eva jumps over a fallen-over log making me lose my grip on my bow as I try to grab her reigns. "Ahh shit." I nervously snickered. "I'm so screwed." I heard Eva whinny in pain and realized she must've been hit. "Eva you got this! Get us to safety." I pet her neck again encouraging her to keep moving.

I can still hear the arrows whizzing by and in a frail attempt to defend us I grabbed an arrow and attempted spearing it at the monsters to no avail. Before I could realize what was happening Eva lost her balance and I felt my stomach drop as we came hurdling to the ground. I braced myself for the impact and shielded my face with my arms. I felt the weight of the world as we made contact with the ground and my body thrashed against the hard dirt and slid for what felt like miles. Once I had stopped moving I looked up and saw Eva sprawled on the ground huffing in distress. "Eva!" I scrambled to her petting her face. "Eva you gotta get up." I told her trying to pull her up but she wouldn't budge. "Eva please!" I felt my heart racing as I heard the Bokoblins getting closer. I looked down at Eva before standing up. My heart shattered realizing I was going to have to leave her here. "I'll come back for you, I'm just gonna get them off our trail." I tell her as I start running down the trail away from Eva. I was sprinting as fast as my legs could take me, my body was being powered by pure adrenaline and determination to save Eva. I could hear the monsters catching up to me but I needed to get them as far away from Eva as possible. I could hear their arrows landing at my feet and a few flying past me.

I could hear them practically on top of me now, their horses snorting right behind my head. My legs were starting to give out but I had to keep pushing. Even if it meant I'd get trampled I was going to lead them away from Eva. I began hearing another set of hooves galloping, but these were coming from in front of me. Could there have been another monster scouting ahead and now they're regrouping? I kept sprinting and then I saw it, another person on horseback. A cloaked figure holding a bow and arrow. My beacon of hope. I watched as time slowed and the person pulled their now up, arrow already aligned, and shot it. I heard a monster behind, me fall to the ground and in another swift movement they shot again and another thud behind me was heard.

I felt like I could breathe again, even as I gasped for air the immense dread was lifted off me as I collapsed onto my knees and gasped for air. "Are you ok?" They asked. I looked up and saw a young man around my age. Silky golden hair and ocean blue eyes. I nod still gasping for air.