mistake pt 2

part two of mistake!!

a few days later

Emily's POV:

I sit cross legged on the spare bed in Riley's house, feeling the mascara running down my cheeks. I've ditched work for the past few days, it's not like I can even get out of bed. I get to the end of my pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and try to debate which flavour I should force my brother in law, James, to go buy from the corner shop. It's between strawberry and coffee if I'm being honest.

Probably coffee, maybe the combo of the sugar and caffeine will make me feel just a bit less shitty.

"Em?" I hear a soft voice, and Riley walks in, wearing jeans and a top after running errands, contrasting to me, in my oversized hoodie and pj shorts. She comes over to me and wraps an arm around me.

"How are you doing?" She asks.

"Oh just like before. Terrible as fuck!"  

"Come on Emily, if you're really this upset, you should-."

"She's the one who started it by being an unforgiving bitch!" I interrupt, before I start crying and scraping at my ice cream tub.

"You'll figure this out." She reassures.

However, for the first time in any of my relationships or breakups, I'm not sure if I'll figure it out.

"I need more ice cream first." I mumble, handing her the empty carton.

"I'll go get James." She replies, and I mouth a small "Thank you," and try and force a smile, but on the inside, I feel like dying.

Michelle's POV:

It feels weird driving back from Shakes and Ladders without Emily. I don't really remember not being with her, but I guess I need to accept that this is the new normal. However, I just need her by my side. I really can't do this anymore.

Just because only my pillow sees my tears, it doesn't mean this breakup hurts any less.

I hear my phone ring just as I reach a red light, and I look over at who's calling, and I'm pleasantly surprised, as I lost hope of getting a hold of them.

"Hey Mich! It's been a while. How've you been?" I hear her familiar voice echo out my phone.

"Steph! You don't understand how much I need to talk to you. Um, I need some advice."

"Sure, I'm all yours." 

"Alright, just give me a few seconds, I'm just pulling into the parking lot." I respond, as I reverse my car into it's regular parking spot. I pick up my phone, and let out a sigh.

Here goes nothing.

"Me and Emily, we're a complete mess right now. Long story short, Emily let an injured dancer dance so Miss Kate fired us from being studio head and we ended up at shakes and ladders and I was pissed off because I knew nothing about Richelle being hurt and Emily decided to hide it from me, so then she just kept telling me to move on when it's not that simple when I lost my goddamn job! We started arguing in the car and then Emily decided we should take a break, and part of me misses her, but the other part does not want to forgive her."

I take a deep breath after my rant to Stephanie. Suddenly, it all feels real...

"Michelle, first up, stay calm, because since I'm not there to hold your still, I'm afraid you're going to destroy the entire world. Second of all, why exactly do you not want to forgive Emily?"

"Well, um," I say, but then I'm lost for words. "I guess, I don't know, I mean she lost me my JOB."

"And I'll admit it, way back when, I lost YOUR chance of dance captain." She replies, and the moment flashes in my mind of her purposely screwing up my dance for Emily. "But that one mistake doesn't change the fact we're the best of friends now, even whilst being long distance."