i'm here for you || heath & izzy

set in season 9 after daisy leaves

tw self harm

Izzy's POV:

I sit in the chair, the chair nobody wants to sit in. The chair that people dread to sit in one day.

You know the chair. The chair outside a hospital room.

"Ozzy," I run over to my brother, who just walked out of the room. I can tell he's trying to conceal his tears from me, but I end up just wrapping my arms around him anyways.

"Ho, how is," I can barely get my words out, but I know Ozzy can always understand my stammers. And I understand his eyes. The eyes that mean "He's not okay."

"He, he's, alive, physically, but, I feel like I haven't been there for him, he's hurting and we didn't fucking notice." My brother stammers back to me.

Who are we talking about? Who is he? He is actually the first two letter of his name. Okay, to get to the point, it's Heathcliff. Heath, Curtains boy, Ozzy's former nemesis, the 'mole', whatever you want to call him.

"Do, you, you think I should go inside?" I ask.

"It's entirely your choice Iz, I don't want to overbear you." He replies. 

"I, I don't know, that's the problem Oz, I," Unable to get the words out, I just cry into his arms, sniffing.

"Shh, it's ok." He murmurs, rubbing my back. However, after a few seconds, I pull away from our hug. I make my way towards the door, and Ozzy gives me a reassuring nod.

It's now or never I guess.

"Heath," I say softly as I walk in, and I watch him look up at me. It's still the same Heathcliff, but, I can't explain it, it's like he's lost the human part of him. I walk over towards the bed, noticing his pale face, his wires attached to him, and the sadness in his face.

"Hey, how you doing?" I ask, as I sit on the visitor chair beside the bed. I look at his blank face, as he simply grunts "I'm okay."

"Do you want to talk?" I ask him, giving an awkward smile. 

He sighs. "Look, Issadora, I appreciate you coming, but I also said this to your brother. I want to be alone right now."

I debate leaving him, but my gut tells me that's not right. "I get that," I begin, "But to tell you the truth, I'm hella worried about you Heathcliff - I couldn't even sleep last night. I'm here for you, let me be here."

"You don't need to worry, I'm fine!" He cries loudly.

"Then why did you take them?" I argue, and we fall silent. I try and hold onto him, but he pushes me away.

"I, I had to." He mutters. 

"You didn't have to Heath, we both know that. There were so many people you could've talked to-,"

"STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CARE IZZY!" He screams, tears falling. "I just know you're going to leave me like every one else did."

"I CONSIDERED YOU ONE OF MY FRIENDS HEATH!" I stand up. "Do you know what it's like to be told someone you care about overdosed on some pills and is barely alive in the hospital?"

"I didn't feel like you were there for me." He replies, before lowering the volume of his voice. "And what I did is really none of your business, so do me a favour and get out."

"No." I reply. "I'm not leaving you Heath, because I am a loyal friend and will help people through tough times. And even if 'I wasn't there for you', I WILL be there for your future."