CHAPTER 37: Wheel of Time

_____________________________

21 years ago

It was six o clock in the evening and raining heavily Four years old Khalid ran crying to the room he shared with his big brother.

On seeing him Farouk got up immediately and went to him worried

"What's wrong Khalid" Farouk asked a disheavled looking Khalid, he was already tensed.

"Ammi, Ammi..." He stammered pointing to the door

"What's wrong with Ammi" Farouk asked as he followed Khalid who was now running towards their mother's room.

The Kabir Humaydh's family had followed their dad for a business trip in Egypt it's been thirty minutes since they all came back to their suites cause Fatima their mom kept complaining of feeling sick.
Their dad had gone to get something and she was alone with Khalid in the room when her cramps intensified.

She was heavily pregnant with twins and was expecting very soon.

The boys all rushed to her in tears when they saw the condition she was in, she was bleeding profusely,

"Farouk call your Abi" she said breathing hard, she was covered in sweat and blood.

The boys were really disturbed seeing their mother in that condition Khalid was crying his eyes out and Farouk couldn't even comfort him cause he was also crying silently.

Farouk took his mom's phone and dialed his dad's line.

In less than ten minutes Kabir came to the room and picked his wife up, he rushed her to the hospital and she was admitted into the emergency room immediately.

after four hours of God knows what The emergency room door was cracked opened.

A beaming nurse appeared and approached Kabir

"Good evening sir" she greeted

Kabir demanded for information about his wife and to his relief he was informed she was out of danger.

And just on cue the doctor came and asked to see him in his office.

"I have good news and bad news Mr. Kabir, which one would you like to hear first?" The doctor had asked after they exchanged pleasantries.

Kabir felt his heart drop and for a minute he couldn't utter a word the doctor had to nudge him cause he seemed to be lost in his thoughts for a minute.

He received the heartbreaking news of one of the twins not making it, there were girls.

And then the bomb was dropped his wife Fatima couldn't or at least shouldn't try to get pregnant anymore as it could hinder danger to her life and the chance of her loosing her life was high.

Kabir didn't know to be happy or sad,
After much reasoning He assured himself he had a reason to be happy at least God gave him one when he could have taken both if he wished and his wife was in good condition.