𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Surprises

Surprises. Such a simple word. With a simple meaning. It’s just something unexpected. It can of course be something that would make you happy or it can also be something very terrific, something that will take away your sleep, your happiness. 

The keyword is unexpected. 

Was I expecting to see the love of my life today? 

No, hell no. 

He had left me. He had left me nine years ago, when I had begged him to hear me out once. He didn’t choose me. He chose to believe a lie over me. He always used to tell me that I am the only one he loves and he would never leave me. 

He lied. 

He didn’t love me, because if he would have loved me then he would have trusted me and heard me out. But he didn’t. 

Moreover, he even left me. 

So he is a liar. A fucking liar. 

He chose to disrespect me and question my dignity so I hid the truth from him, so that he could feel more hurt. I wanted him to feel that sting, so that he would know how I felt. 

But now that he is back….

The closed book will open. 

The truth will come to light. 

And it will break me. Again. 

Ruhaan is back. 

My whole body stiffens and I almost stop breathing. 

He is back. 

My eyes widen, as I slowly turn my face towards him as I feel him snuggling his face in the crook of my neck. 

Ruhaan. Is. Back. 

“ Missed me?” I hear his deep, dark hoarse voice, as he lifts his head as our eyes meet. 

No, they clash. My jet black eyes clash against his grey storm. 

He is destruction and I am his destruction. 

I swallow visibly as he smiles at me. Fake smile. Because when he genuinely smiles, his eyes squeeze and a small dimple is formed on his left cheek. 

But that’s not there. 

“ Oh my god, Ruhaan, you’re back,” I hear Samiksha exclaim as she walks towards us, and leans in to whisper something in my ears. 

“ Act normal, everyone is here. Drama is the last thing we want,” she whispers as she smiles as Ruhaan and goes back to her fiance, Rudransh. 

Ruhaan’s younger brother. 

Yes, I will deal with him in private. I don’t want my employees and clients to know about my private life. It will create a fuss, moreover the media does not leave any chance in trying to mingle with my firm.