Chapter 5

I couldn't believe Hayden was a coyote. Scott and Theo left not too long after they told me. Stiles and I got in his jeep to go to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital I was about to open the door but Stiles stopped me.

"I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to be ignored and Liam didn't deserve to be hurt. I should've just told the truth the first time." Stiles apologized.

"It's fine." I got out of the car and started walking in the building. Stiles caught up to me and he told the lady at the front desk who we were looking for and she told us the room he was in.

Tears were in my eyes as we walked down the hall. "Is he always getting into the hospital?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"He is a lot, yeah." Stiles responded his voice cracking too. When we got to the room I stopped before walking in so I could wipe the tears from my eyes.

I put a smile on my face and walked in. "Hey, dad." I said making him smile.

"Hey guys." He replied.

Stiles and our dad were talking about him always getting hurt and being in the hospital because of his health.

"If you're always in the hospital how are we supposed to take care of you?" Stiles asked him.

"You're not supposed too!" He yelled. "I'm the dad, you're the kids, I'm supposed to take care of you!"

Stiles sat down in the chair I was standing by and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"We're a family, we're supposed to take care of each other." I said, finally joining the conversation.

My phone kept vibrating so I checked it. An Unknown Caller ID kept calling me so I decided to answer it. I walked out of the room and pressed the phone to my ear.

(Convo)
Sarah: "Hello?"
Caller: "I know what you are."
Sarah: "Who is this? How did you get my number?"
Caller: "You seemed to remember me in class today, Sarah."
Sarah: "Hayden. If you touch Liam I will..."
Hayden: "You'll what? Go to your brother and dad, the sheriff? They don't scare me."
Sarah: "What do you want? Why do you hate Liam?"
Hayden: "He hasn't told you yet? Why don't you ask him? He'd gladly tell you!"
Sarah: "Okay, why do you hate me?"
Hayden: "Because you were my friend first! That's why I hate Liam, he stole you from me. And you just shut me out and followed Liam everywhere."
Sarah: "Hayden, I'm sorry. I never thought of that. I just thought you were still pissed off about sixth grade..."
Hayden: "I'm not pissed off about that."
Sarah: "You're not?"
Hayden: "I'm vengeful."
(End of convo)

I walked back in the room.

"Who was it?" Stiles asked.

"Hayden." I said clenching my fists and trying to stay calm. "Stiles we need to go."

He looked at my eyes which were glowing. "Dad we'll be back tomorrow. But right now, we can't be here." Stiles said running with me out of the hospital.

When we got to the jeep Stiles quickly fumbled to unlock the doors but when he did I got in the front seat then he pushed me in the back. Rude.

He sped quickly to Lydia's grandmother's lake house and took me to the basement. Liam was there and still human.

"She's yours now." Stiles said to Liam and ran up the stairs and locked the basement door.

I had no control. I tried attacking Liam. "Liam, you need to leave. Before I hurt you." I said.

"No, I know that you're not going to hurt me." He said.

"You need to leave, because right now I really want to." I said trying to control myself. "How do you stay controlled on full moons?" I asked struggling to stay away from Liam.

"What three things cannot be long hidden?" He asked me.

"The sun, the moon..." I started but Liam cut me off.

"Slower."

"The sun...The moon...The truth." I got out.

"Keep repeating it until you feel full control coming back to you."

"The sun...The moon...The truth...The sun...The moon...The truth." I kept repeating it until eventually I felt controlled.

I hugged Liam once I knew I was fully in control. "You did it." He said.

I laughed. "I guess I did."

My hands started shaking and Liam noticed. "Let me see your hands." I showed him my hands. "It's hard at first, but we're still learning." He said as he held up his hands next to mine.

Scott came downstairs and I hugged him. "You finally did it." I nodded.

"Liam helped me." I said. Scott smiled and nodded at Liam then we all went back upstairs.

"Stand back!" Stiles said guarding Lydia, Kira, and Malia. "She could coyote-out at any second."

I laughed. "Very funny. I've got it all under control."

Stiles nodded then stopped. "Hands." I showed him my hands.

"I'm working on it." I said. Liam wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"She's not the only one." He held up his hand to show them.

We all ended up staying there for the night and watched a scary movie because they all agreed on it. I was never a fan of scary movies so I made Liam cuddle me if I got scared, which he said he didn't have a problem doing.

Eventually I was the first one to fall asleep, and I fell into a dream.

~~

I was at the school. Liam and Theo were there. So was Hayden.

Theo wrapped his arms around me and forced me to watch as my old best friend had my boyfriend pinned to the ground.

"Sarah." He whispered. I tried to get away from Theo but he was too strong and I couldn't get out of his grasp. Then I screamed. Theo finally let go of me and Hayden covered her ears.

I ran over to her and pushed her away from Liam. But I felt someone grab my arms. I knew it was Theo. He dragged me away from Liam and Hayden pinned him back to the ground then hit him in the back with an ax.

"LIAM!" I screamed again then started crying when Theo let go of me.

~~

I woke up to everyone standing around me.

"Are you okay?" Lydia asked me.

"You were crying, then screamed, in your sleep." Liam said. The sound of his voice made me happy. It was all just a dream.