3.

Ryujin POV

Five days out of the week, my mornings consist of showering, pouring myself a cup of coffee, and then walking outside to fuck with Yeji before she leaves for work.

I consider it our cute little routine.

She most likely thinks of it as a prologue to the day she murders my ass.

I tap my fingers against the steering wheel of Yeji Honda and peek over at her slouched in the passenger seat. She's desperate if she's publicly drinking and allowing me to drive her home.

I ditched the girls as soon as I caught sight of her sitting in the back of the bar, resembling an old heartbreak country song. Lia gave me a glare and then a sly smirk when I instructed her to bury my body next to my grandmother's in case she killed me, and my sister sent me five smile emojis after

I sent her a text saying I didn't need a ride home. They've been up my ass about getting a girlfriend, like it will establish world peace.

"Quit staring at me like that," she snarls.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like you pity me."

"I don't pity you." I stop to correct myself. "Scratch that. I do pity you."

"Someone grew up and put their honest undies on."

I soften my tone and explain myself. "I don't pity you for the reason you think. I pity you for having a boyfriend who failed to get you off."

My response is met with silence.

"Was it every time?" Groaning, she shifts her neck from side to side as if it's sore. "I'm not discussing this with you. I should've never told you in the first place."

"Jesus, Yeji, it's not uncommon, but if you're ashamed of your sexuality-"

"I'm not ashamed of my sexuality," she snaps with a sneer.

"Who the fuck cares? I'm more concerned that you consider it weird."

"Contrary to your belief, not every relationship is about sex."

"True, but Jongin not giving a shit about you wasn't a healthy relationship. It was a selfish one."

"I don't like being around you," she huffs out. "Tough shit. We're neighbors. Get used to it."

She shifts in her seat to face me. "Speaking of that, why would you buy the house next door?

What's your play here?"

"Don't flatter yourself by thinking I'm secretly in love with you," I say with a laugh. "It's a nice home in a decent neighborhood with great landscaping."

Lies. The landscaping sucks ass.

"Oh, look, we're here," I say while pulling into her driveway. "No more time for your paranoia of me moving in to ruin your life."

"Until you tell me why, it's what I'm assuming." I park the car. "Keep assuming wrong then."

She starts to talk, no doubt to continue this ridiculous argument, but her hand closes over her mouth. "Oh shit," she groans.

Fuck!

Those are never good words to hear from a drunk person with, most likely, a low alcohol tolerance.

I turn off the car. "Oh shit, what?"

The door flies open, and her head disappears from my view. Motherfucker. She's a damn puker.