ᵒ²³

🌌/ "SYMPHONIA" chapter twenty three

real life

A FEW DAYS HAVE passed since mia and dylan's little pow-wow

A FEW DAYS HAVE passed since mia and dylan's little pow-wow. she wasn't completely back to her normal self, but she was better. she had eaten, (much to her dismay, dennis and her parents had to force most of it down her) and she had started sleeping. mostly.

xochitl and mason were back from their trips, and mason said he'd be over later today. xochitl? she'd spent every night with mia since she returned.

in fact, she hasn't left her side. when mia was showering, xoch was sitting on the counter talking to her until she got out. she was getting dressed? sure! xochitl would pick out the outfit and help her change! everything mia did, xochitl was right there basically doing it for her.

you'd think mia would get sick of this, sick of xochitl. but no. she appreciated it more than anything. she loved her best friend and she knew that she'd always be there for her.

the two best friends and dennis sat on the couch in the family room, watching monster house, (it was dennis's favorite movie, apparently) when the doorbell rang. dennis paused the movie and went to answer the door.

"mia, it's for you!" mia and xochitl shared an equally confused look as mia got up to look at who was at the door. she had barely rounded the corner before mason jumped at her, wrapping his arms around her.

"oh my goodness mia i'm so sorry." mia stood completely stiff as he squeezed practically all the life out of her. "you shouldn't have to go through this alone."

dennis coughed. "uh buddy, right here. i've been here."

mason shrugged dennis off. "whatever. mia, just know i love you and i am so sorry-"

"mason im fine." she said, managing to pull free of mason's bone crushing hug. that was also when she noticed someone else standing in the doorway. "maddy!"