chapter 3

the training began from the next day onwards,gupta and some selected solidiers were trained in  seperate field.as gupta didn't spend much time with anyone after the death of tara,it took some time for gupta to break the ice with them.all of them distanced themselves from gupta as he is a king,but gupta didn't want such formalities.twelve solidiers and king gupta were taking lessons seperatley,none of them didn't know why they are taking lessons like this.all of these new changes are inroduced by Achyuta.among the trainees,gupta noticed a familiar face.the face of Dhruv.The adorable face peirced into his heart.both of them stared at each other.for a second gupta stood still.later,came back into reality.he felt ashamed of his thoughts,having feelings to a man!

the same thought was running through dhruv's mind.he always had feelings for men.throughout his life dhruv never amitted it,but when the strong and determined king standing right in front of him,dhruv lost his focus.

the guru(trainer) gave them a five minute break.gupta and dhruv,both of them put a distance between them.gupta watched dhruv from a distance.dhruv had two friends,but gupta noticed that he was lost in some thoughts and suddenly a voice awaken gupta from his secret staring.the voice felt familiar for gupta.

"hey,dear,do you remember me?" the voice asked.

just then gupta recognized the person it was parthipan the close friend of gupta in his younger age.they took classes together in gurukul in their young ages.seeing him after so many years surprised gupta.both of them hugged.

"where were you dear,it's been a long time since we last meet."gupta said.

"well,you were so sad to come around and see me."

"i think you know how miserable was i am"

"yes,i know,i am sorry for your loss"

parthipan hugged him once again with a warm smile before he go.

the break was over.everyone came back into field.now it's time for duel for training.guru paired all them together and without breaking the stereotypes he paired dhruv and gupta together.

everyone had seperate place to duel.that means,dhruv and gupta were together and alone.both of them were uncomfortable.but still,dhruv find it as a fortune as he thought he could know about king better.wihout much talking they began duel.gupta was astonished by dhruv's body flexibilty and sword swaying.after a powerful duel dhruv becaame te triumphant.both of them sat their looking at each other,drinking water while taking breath so fast.