Chapter 21

How do you get away from an unwanted bodyguard?
Clement and I had been doing our part in planning for the reunion and each time I left the house the driver would be with me, it was so uncomfortable and I hated every second of it, I didn’t feel free at all and it wasn’t fair. I was a grown woman; I should have been allowed to go drive myself and interactive with whoever I wanted without the fear of being watched and having the driver take reports to Duke who was freely screwing the woman he wanted.
That is why on the day of the reunion, I woke up very early and left the house before the driver reported for work. I got the car and drove to my parents’ house planning to get ready from there.’
Around 09:00hrs, Duke started calling me. I had been seated in the living room enjoying some lemon and honey tea with homemade biscuits.
“Excuse me…” I walked to my old bedroom before answering the call “what is it Duke?”
“Where are you?”
“At my parents’ house, has a tragedy happened?” I asked sarcastically.
“Why didn’t you wait for Chomba to report for work?” he questioned and I felt my temper rising. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
“because I am an adult who doesn’t need your spy babysitting me” I spat out in annoyance “am I your prisoner now Duke?” I questioned “I can’t even visit my parents without being watched?”
“of course, you can but I would have appreciated it if you had told me where you were going.”
“well now you know, anything else?”
I heard him sigh.
“What time will you be back?”
“Do you need something from me?”
“Well not really….”
“Then I’ll be back whenever… bye.”
Before he could respond I hang up and went back to the living room with a forced smile. If my parents were to know what my married life was really like they would be livid.
To them Duke was a great guy who was not just taking care of me but them as well.
.
.
After lunch, I left my parents' house and drove to the hotel where we would be having the reunion. I had booked a room there just incase the reunion ended really late or I got too drunk to drive.
I took a nap in my room then around 17:00hrs I woke up and started preparing. I went down to the space we had reserved and a few people were already there.
I had been a little nervous because since graduation I hadn't really kept close communications with my classmates but slowly we started falling into comfortable interactions and before I knew it it was a full blown party with laughter dancing and fun interactions.
"no bodyguard tonight?" Clement teased when he finally approached me, I had taken a step aside to catch my breath.
"No bodyguard" I smiled, he had been asking whether I didn't like driving and when I told him that it was Duke's idea to get me a driver he started calling him a bodyguard.
"and no husband..." he pointed out.
Some people had come with wives and girlfriends while the singles had come hoping to reconnect and hook up with old flames from school.
"I told you I wasn't bringing him, this is about me... How about you?" I asked, I didn't know if he was dating and hadn't noticed him come with anyone.
"haven't been in any relationship since my divorce
He said and sipped on his drink.
"do you miss your wife?"
"No" he didn't hesitate to respond "I mean I know that sounds bad but we only got married because I wanted my child to have a two-parent home. If she hadn't gotten pregnant we wouldn't have been together for that long and when we lost our boy it was like losing the glue that was holding us together" he emptied the glass down his throat.
"am so sorry to hear that..."
Damn, it seemed like every marriage had its own issues.
"it's fine, it's in the past now and I've moved forward... I've been talking to people here and there but no one has really pulled me in and gotten me interested enough to ask them out on a date."
"well this reunion might be your chance. There are a lot of single ladies here, you can reconnect with one of them,see if there's anything there" I wished I could "reconnect" with some people as well but everyone knew that I was married and they knew my husband. No one was really flirting with me and I guess I should have appreciated that but a part of me wished there was somebody gutsy enough to try flirting, I knew it was wrong of me to think like that, I should have been happy that they were respecting marriage but damn it a girl had needs and Duke wasn't going to be the one to meet them. I mean he could meet them if I wanted him to but I didn't want his dick anywhere near me, not when it had been poking around in Connie's coochie.
"Is someone coming to pick you up?" Clement asked "it's getting late and I know you married women have curfews" he teased
"I actually booked a room here so I can stay for as long as I want and get as drunk as possible" I told him and noticed his eyes light up with curiosity.
"you booked a room?".
I looked him up and down, he looked like he had come from the office then got rid of his tie and jacket just to look not so formal, his shirt wasn't tucked either and the top buttons were undone. The slim fitting shirt did look good on him and sky blue was definitely his color. Clement was just a shade darker than Duke and his lips were a bit fuller, I would definitely enjoy sucking and nibbling on that bottom lip.
"Audrey?" he raised an eyebrow, damn it! I had zone out and shamelessly checked him out. He was no gym bro and didn't have a six pack but he was fit and nicely toned. He could definitely hold me up against the wall with my legs around his waist as he thrusts up into me. Just thinking about it had me feeling thirsty, my coochie twitching.
"what?" I asked, I hadn't heard anything.
"I was asking if you want another drink" he asked with a knowing smile.
"sure, I have a complimentary bottle of wine in my room, do you wanna taste it?"
Oh my gosh I couldn't believe I was actually asking him to come to the hotel room with me.
Clement bit the corner of his bottom lip, hiding a smirk.
"sure, I would love to" he agreed and we left the party.