Chapter-18

Brinda's pov

I rushed inside the hospital. My office is near Riddhi's hospital, so i reached out here before Adhu and his family.

"Riddhi, have you prepared everything? The O.T. and whatever...." I asked.

"Everything is prepared okay, don't worry." Riddhi assured.

"Ye..ah." I managed to say, taking a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking straight into my soul.

"Yeah." I lied, and she immediately hugged me, and i couldn't pretend to be strong anymore. I took deep breaths in order to calm myself, but nothing worked. A sob escaped my lips as she patted my back.

"Rid..dhi he'll be al... alright, na? I... I'll die if som... something happens to him. I... i can live with me not being in his life, but i... i can't live without him being in my life. Riddhi, it's not like i can't live without him, but i... i don't want to live without him. I know he hates me, but it doesn't matter as long as he is fine.... I... I just...." I managed to say in between my sobs.

"He'll be okay, Bri! He'll be alright. I'll try my best. He is strong.... very strong.... Jo insaan tere jaisi chudail ko sambhal gaya wo kya khudko nahi sambhal payega." Riddhi said, still patting my back.

(The person who handled a witch like you, won't he be able to handle himself?)

"I am scared, Riddhi. There's a before him, there's with him and there's after him too but i can't handle the without him." I said, wiping my tears trying to get my shit together.

"Everything will be okay. Kanhaji will make things alright hmm." She said, patting my hair, and i nodded at her.

After a few minutes, the ambulance arrived. Adhu was now lying on a stretcher with his clothes dampened in his own blood, a cloth tied around his wrist to stop the blood. He looked pale, very pale, and weak. My heart is beating faster than bullet train. All the negative thoughts clouded my mind.

What if he is punished for the false accusation once he wakes up?
What if he won't wake up?
No! No! Brinda think positive! He will be okay. Riddhi said he'll be okay, right?

"Thank you." I heard Rudra's voice, which broke the trance of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Everything you did for Bhai. When we found bhai in that situation, we panicked, and you know we couldn't do anything and... and we thought... we lost... lost him. You arranged everything, even handled the media... i just..." Rudra said, holding back his tears.

"It's okay. Don't worry, everything will be alright, okay! He is strong, and he'll wake up." I tried to console him, patting his shoulder.

"Thank you so much, di. I'll never forget what you did today, and trust me, if you need anything, any help in the future, I'll be with you." Rudra said as a tear escaped his eyes.

"I thought being the youngest, you'd be the most childish one, but you really are very mature." I said, looking at him.

"Rudra?" We heard Nishtha's voice.

"Brinda?" She looked at me standing beside Rudra and came to me and hugged me tightly, catching me off guard.

"I can never thank you enough for today. I don't think we'd have checked Adhvik's room if you didn't pursue me, too." She mumbled, making sure Rudra won't hear us.

"Rudra, I'll go finish the formalities you go and stay with maa. Dad and Naina are on the way." Nishtha said to her brother, and he nodded and left.

"All the formalities are done already. You go and look after your family." I said to her.