Chapter-30

Adhvik's pov

Me, Rudra, and Nishtha were sitting in the living room while Maa had already left for her room as she was tired.

"What's going on with you and Brinda di?" Rudra asked out of the blue, making me choke on air.

"What!?" I almost yelled.

"Do you have a crush on her or something?" He asked.
Firstly, it's not a crush. I am in love with her.
Secondly, was i that obvious?

"What the hell are you talking about?" I said, trying to play cool.

"You were too obvious, Adhvik. If her parents were sitting in front of you two, they'd have also figured it out. Her brother was literally giving you death glares, but you were too busy in your lala land." Nishtha said, shrugging her shoulders.

"I am never telling you anything ever again!!" I stated, annoyed. Like, can't she keep a secret!

"You told di and not me!! Seriously, bhai!? Did you guys pick me from trash?" Rudra huffed dramatically.

"Firstly, he didn't tell me! I accidentally walked into these two making out in his cabin, and it's been four and a half years, and i am still traumatized by the way. Secondly, yeah, we picked you from trash!" Nishtha said, giving more details than required.

"Making out? Four and a half years ago!? Why doesn't anyone tell me anything!?" Rudra said, sulking.

"Okay, stop with the making out thing first! You are a kid!!" I schooled him.

"Weren't you the same age as me while doing that? Hypocrite!" Rudra said, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up!" I said, smacking his head and briefing him about us dating then breaking up then from me giving her wedding invitation to her accident.

"You know that you are an idiot right?" Rudra said, looking at me for confirmation, and i just rolled my eyes.

"You messed up real bad! Honestly, Brinda di is too good for you anyway!" He said, and honestly, he is right, but at that time, i didn't know the whole truth that's why i ended up behaving like a jerk!

"I know, but i love her." I said, taking a deep breath.

"Then why did you hurt her so bad. I get it you couldn't trust her, but who the hell says that, and she met with a fatal accident immediately after the argument, which just added fuel to the fire!" Rudra said, sighing defeatedly.

"It's my fault." Nishtha said, gulping visibly. She has been blaming herself for everything ever since orange got into that accident. It's not her fault. I am the one who's an idiot.

"It wasn't di! He is not a kid!" Rudra said, and i hate to say this, but he is again right.

"Well, whatever! I have an important presentation tomorrow, so i am leaving. You two continue gossiping!" Nishtha said and got up from the couch.

"We aren't gossiping!" I said offended at her choice of words.

"Yeah, sure, whatever! Idiots." She said, rolling her eyes and leaving.

"Why don't you try to impress her?" Rudra said, raising an eyebrow.

"You do realize we dated each other, so she is clearly impressed with me!" I said in a duh tone.

"Tsk bhai! Try to show her your love, you know!" Rudra added.

"So what can i do?" I asked curiously.

"You already dated her! Don't you know what she'll like?" Rudra said face palming himself.

"Her laptop is her first love, and she lives to work!" I said in my defense. She loves the paintings made by me the most.
"But i know what she'd love, but...."