16. Not a saint

Kazuha felt a soaring heat clashing with his face. He opened his eyes slowly, covering the view of the sun with one of his eyes. He stood up to close the curtains before stretching his body. He took his phone from the bedside and looked at it.

"Huh... its evening already.." Kazuha thought to himself. His attention switches towards Scara who is still sleeping. He climbed onto him and gently shook his body to wake him up.

"Hey, wake up. It's time to change your bandages" Kazuha said slowly. Scaramouche opened his eyes, rising up and sat on the bed. His hair was messy and his eyes were still sleepy. Kazuha chuckled, thinking that he looked cute being clueless. Kazuha kissed Scaramouche cheeks before grabbing the bandages he bought while on their way back to his hotel and started to do his task.

"Does it sting?" Kazuha questioned as he unwrapped the bloody bandages covering Scara's neck. Scara shook his head, giving a green light for Kazuha to continue. Kazuha took the antiseptic cream which the doctor provided for him before applying it gently onto the skin.

"You don't want to ask anything?" Scaramocuhe asked. Kazuhaa raised his eyebrow at the sudden conversation.

"What do you mean?" Kazuha replied to Scara's question. Scara looked at him. His purple iris sparkled from the sun shining into the room through the curtains. He took a deep breath.

"About me...kissing that bitch... You don't want to ask about it?" Scaramouche elaborated. His hands were gripping the bedsheets tightly, seeming to be holding grudges towards the girl he had no intention to kiss.

"No. It's not your fault. Let's leave that in the past.." Kazuha muttered, not wanting to hold any grudges and wanting for revenge towards anyone. Scara took a deep breath and puffed out carbon dioxide from his lungs, trying to calm himself down.

"If that's your request..." Scaramouche whispered slowly. Kazuha finished changing the bandages and threw all the materials back into the first aid. He sat beside Scaramouche and hugged him. The doctor returned the hug, resting his chin ontop of Kazuha's shoulders, embracing his warmth.

"Please... Don't leave me..." Scaramouche whispered. He nibbled on Kazuha's ear, tickling Kazuha. Kazuha bursted into laughter, trying to push Scaramouche away from tasting his ear.

"H-hey! Stop it! It tickles!" Kazuha begged as he tried to push Scara away but Scara is stronger. He pounces onto Kazuha, licking his lips before nibbling on Kazuha's neck gently. The sudden affection made Kazuha helpless, letting out a moan from himself.

"You're cute, don't you know about that?" Scaramouche whispered, slowly caressing Kazuha's soft cheeks. Kazuha's face began to heat up from being seduced by his own lover. He closed his face with his palms, screaming internally. Scaramouche grinned looking at the bartender's reaction.

---

The moon is shining bright in the sky as the day began to shift into the night. The night in Sumeru is as busy as always but they still kept up with the calming old-school village vibe. Both Kazuha and Scaramouche finally arrived at the train station, about to head back to their home in Mondstadt. The train station is busy with various tourists coming from all over Teyvat. Kazuha wished he could stayed a bit longer in Sumeru but his vacation time is up and he had to go back. Scaramouche sat on a bench while Kazuha went to get the tickets for the train.

Scaramouche took out his phone, scrolling through his social media timeline trying to distract himself from the people around him. He let out a disgusted expression seeing a post from an old friend of his. It was a young man being overly drunk and surrounded by girls at a nightclub. Scaramouche lost his appetite to scroll through the internet for the rest of the night.

He despise people putting lust over everything. He hated it ever since he was still studying in the academia, labeling going to nightclubs as a waste of time and money. He would prefer a calming bar over a party if he wanted to release tension. Not surrounded by noisy sounds is very important for one's being to relax and calm down.

Kazuha walked towards Scara, holding two tickets heading back to Mondstadt. Scara let out a warm smile before receiving the ticket Kazuha held out to him. Kazuha sat beside Scara, resting his hand over the doctor's shoulders.

"I really missed your drinks, you know?" Scara said with a soft tone, leaning his head against Kazuha. Kazuha chuckled, leaning back while letting out a sigh of relief.

"We can stop by at my workplace after we got home" Kazuha replied. The soft night breeze blows around the station giving out a refreshing atmosphere. The moonlight along with the dimly lit lanterns perfectly illuminates the station, giving the 60's village vibes.

The couple waited for almost half an hour before the train finally arrives. They both entered their coach and went to their designated seats before settling down, waiting for the train to depart.

---

Kazuha already dozed off at his seat, slightly snoring. Scara is just listening to music from his earbuds. He felt bored. He stood up and made his way through one coach after another, wanting to kill time. At the third coach, he found a small eatery place for passengers and luckily it is still open. There is only 1 staff behind the counter and 2 metal tables with stools attached to the wall.

Scara walked upon the staff and looked at the menu. He placed his elbow onto the counter, slightly leaning his body.

"Do you have any...soft drinks or coffee?" Scaramouche asked. The staff nodded, pointing out at the menu. Scara took a glance at it before taking out some cash.

"I'll have a cup of latte, unsweetened" Scaramouche muttered while sliding a dollar bill onto the counter. The staff immediately went to work while Scaramouche sat on the stool, waiting for his drink.

The train feels oddly silent but cozy. The chilling jazz music playing at the small cafe giving out a classy vibe even though it is just a normal train. Not long after, a man with long curly hair came towards the cafe and sat beside Scaramouche. He ordered a bottle of mineral water.

The staff who just finished Scara's order placed Scara's coffee in front of him before taking out a bottled water from the fridge and gave it to the man. The man paid for the drink and looked at Scaramouche. He squinted his eyes.

"Have we met before?" The man asked. Scaramouche looked at the man. It seemed to be in his 40's but still gave out a youthful vibe from his clothing. Scaramouche shook his head.

"I'm afraid not sir..." Scaramouche replied. The man leaned his head to the side, scanning at Scara's body from head to bottom.

"Really? 4 holes 1 slit?" The man said. Scaramouche let out a confused expression. He wafted his hoodie.

"Pardon?" Scaramouche asked. The man let out a smile before standing up.

"My mistake. Perhaps I've got the wrong person" the man said before walking away from the cafe. Scaramouche raised his eyebrow.

"What a weird man..." Scaramouche muttered. He took his drink before walking back to his seat. Kazuha was still in deep sleep, slightly leaned towards Scaramouche's seat.

Scara sat down before putting down his coffee at the drink holder beside him before caressing Kazuha's cheeks. He wrapped one of his hands around Kazuha, slightly pulling him closer. Water droplets began to form on the windows of the train

Not long after, it was raining on the train trip. The lights were finally dimmed out as the time reaches midnight. The only lights left on were the side led lights.

Scaramouche rested his head against Kazuha's shoulder, nuzzling Kazuha a bit.

"I love you, you dork" Scaramouche muttered before slowly drifting into a nap, completely forgetting about his unfinished drink beside him.