17. Really? Sorry then

Kazuha unlocked the door of his unit. He finally arrived home after a tiring trip. He took off his shoes and placed them aside before entering his safe space. He wanted with every inch of his body that Scara would spend the night resting with him.

However, as much he liked to, Scara needed some time to rest for himself. Scara already went back to his home after the taxi carrying them dropped Scaramouche off infront of his house. Kazuha threw the bag he was carrying onto the couch, making a thud sound.

He made his way to the kitchen, taking a vanilla scented candle before lighting it up and leaving it alone on the countertop, letting the smell to slowly fill up his home. Kazuha walked to his coat hanger, wanting to hang his hoodie but a pair of tracks he hanged fell onto the floor. Kazuha went to pick it up but his hands was touching something like a box inside the pants.

Kazuha tucked his hands in the pockets, pulling out the object. His eyes teared as he was holding a pack of cigarettes, the bet he won against Lyney. Memories flashes through his mind, remembering the joyful times with his best friend.

Kazuha wiped his tears. He stood up, walked towards the balcony and closed the sliding door behind him. The city lights felt like a blessing to him, and the silent atmosphere with nothing except the soft cold breeze crashing against his skin. Kazuha took out a cigar before lighting it up and inhaled the smoke. Scaramouche would be very pissed off seeing him smoking but, it is the only thing that Lyney left for him and just one cigar couldn't be that bad.

He flicked the ash hugging the point of the cigar with his thumb before taking an another inhale, puffing out the poisonous smoke from his lungs. He heard something tapping from behind him. Kazuha took a glance behind. His heart calmed down after realizing it was Venti.

Venti joined Kazuha, closing the sliding door behind him. He stared at the cigarette between Kazuha's finger and the pack on the tea table beside Kazuha. Venti shifted his attention towards Kazuha who is still looking far into the city.

"Tough day Kazuha?" Venti asked. Kazuha nodded, agreeing towards Venti's statement.

"It's not that bad. I should be off to work tomorrow" Kazuha replied. Venti laughed awkwardly towarde Kazuha while scratching the back of his head.

"Well...almost everyone is waiting on your arrival back at the establishment. Just make sure you didn't let them down okay?" Venti said, patting Kazuha's back before going back and exited the unit. Kazuha let out a warm smile. The dropped the cigar bud from the railing of his unit and went back to his bedroom.

Kazuha threw himself onto the bed, pulling the covers towards him. He looked at his side, staring at the wrist watch Scaramouche gave. He smiled warmly, closing his eyes as the soothing cold air began to fill up the entire room followed by a slight vanilla scent coming from the candle he lit in the kitchen

---

Scaramouche was lying down on his soft mattress. The analog clock ticking on his bedside showing that it is 1.00am. in the morning. He looked at the other side of his bed, trying to shut his eyes and drift to sleep. No matter how hard he tried, his mind just won't let him.

Scara sat on his bed, rubbing his face with his palm. He needed something to wash his mind off and there is nothing better than a bitter spicy ginger ale he loved.

Scara stood up, grabbed his hoodie and went outside his house, wanting to find any bar that is still open at times like that. Usually, he will go to the Angel's Share but of course, it is already closed.

After a few minutes walking, he stopped infront of a bar named 'QnQ'. He scratched his hair before entering the bar. There is a number of people inside and 2 bartenders working behind the counter.