{Minty and Brandy + Reader} Give me the hex that colors me happy

Pairing: Flamingo beastial reader + Minty and Brandy [PLATONIC]
Tropes: Found Family , fluff
Additional: Reader is around age 11
Requested by: echo_but_she_read

[A/N]: O/N after being a child and getting abanded by their group for the 679th time: /j

---

You hid inside an abandoned corner store, hiding behind the cash register and your quiet sniffles filled the room as you silently replayed what had just happened a couple minutes ago...

You were trying to follow your group, but had accidentally let go of their arm as you two ran, and you hid into this store for safety, and only after looking through the store did you realize that the infected object wasnt the only one who didn't follow you in here.

-⚠︎-

You kept sniffling until you heard the door being opened, you which you quickly covered your mouth to try and quiet yourself...

You heard what sounded like two sets of feet walk in, and heard quiet talking between two people

"—Yeah, we should probably grab more bottles and stuff, we're already low on those things!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know..."

"But hey! It was a good idea I had, wasn't it? We've been able to kill like five of those things!—"

Their conversation slowly left your attention... although it was interesting... you slowly uncovered your mouth and let out a shaky sigh... They were probably safe... You could hear their footsteps separate as they said something about splitting up to grab more supplies.

You decided to peek out from behind the counter, and from what you could see, there was a large orange hominid glass object, and seemed like a shorter green one, as well a pink one inside the orange one... huh... odd...

One of them suddenly turned to you and you quickly hid back down behind the counter...

"What the-? Hey, Brandy?"

Crap...

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I think I see someone, I'm gonna go look for them."

"Alright. Be careful."

"I will..."

You could feel yourself start crying and backed up against the wall... they seem nice... but you don't wanna take any chances... what if they leave you here..? what if...

"Hey... are you alright-?" You heard a voice ask...

You slowly looked up to them, scared... it was the green beastial object... closer look, he seemed to be a cat beastial, and with red eyes... oh...

You couldn't get any noise out... you just kept crying...

"Hey- Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you..." He came closer to you, and slowly picked you up.

"See? You're fine... what's your name?" He calmly said to you... you silently let out your name in a voice strained by your crying...

"Hey, Minty? What's taking so long?" You heard another object say as they came closer, that being the orange you saw, who you assumed to be Brandy. Once he saw you, he let out a small shocked gasped.

"Why is a kid here-?! How long have they been in here?!" He whisper-yelled to Minty, who just looked concerned while shrugging.

"Um- Hey, kid... Why are you here..?" Brandy said to you as he took you from Minty's hands. You stayed quiet, and Brandy just sighed in concern...

"C'mon kid, come with us..." He said as he placed you in himself next to another object, who seemed like a kid like you, albeit younger. You just looked around as the four of you walked around, and could faintly hear the adults talk to eachother, mostly about how they were gonna take care of another kid, and talking about what could have possibly happened to you...

Soon enough, the four of you went to an apartment complex, and you now found yourself sitting next to the other young object, Sugarcube, and she was rambling to you, and you were soon tucked in next to her in her bed...

Seems like you're a part of another family...

---

[A/N]: what if I said I was listening to Fear Garden while writing this lmao, the most unfitting songs

Words: 670