Part 16

Benjamin and I remained in a silent stare down. I was so focused on snarling at his stupid face, I forgot I was actually behind a counter in a coffee shop and supposed to be working.

I was glad the shop was practically empty.

I quickly checked to see if anyone needed to be served, but there was no one waiting. I glanced quickly to the door's entrance to see if Jerry was going to walk through the door, but couldn't see him either. Good.

"Oh Benjamin, You've already had your good share of chances to 'break me' as you so eloquently put it. Now it's my turn to break you, don't you think?" I flashed a false grin.

Benjamin bit his bottom lip, before throwing his head back and laughing. His laugh was deep and throaty but it was also fake.

"Break me?" Benjamin tutted.

"I'm up for the challenge if you are. Let's see who breaks first shall we?"

I didn't reply. I just observed him in his entirety. For such a tall guy physically, he was really the smallest person i've ever met.

He wanted to break me?

"Why don't you get a real hobby. Seems like you've got way too much time on your hands, and acting like a shit disney villain isn't really suiting you" O retorted.

He was such a loser, I felt sorry for my past self for ever being scared of this pathetic mess.

"Wow. I don't know how to process this new and improved Storm cloud. I missed old stormy for a while" Benjamin remarked.

Hearing that dreaded nickname made a shudder run through my entire body. Just like he knew it would.

I reached for the carton of Oat milk that was on the counter beside me. Before I processed what I was about to do, my body spoke and decided for me.

I unscrewed the lid and threw the opened milk at him. The carton hit his chest before pouring out all over his top and trousers, just before it fell to the ground with a thud and continued to leak all over the floor.

I tried to feel remorse or regret, but the overwhelming sense i felt was gladness. I was genuinely proud of getting oat milk all over benjamins top and trousers.

It was uncontrollable. I started to really laugh. Not a little giggle or chuckle. A real belly laugh. It was like my 13 year old self was watching this scene unfold with me and she was cheering me on.

Well done bodily instincts.

While I was trying to stop laughing so much, I couldn't help but notice Benjamin reaching urgently for the tissues we had and trying to dry himself with a grimace on his face, his face reddened with anger.

He was pressing a tissue against the oat milked soaked patch on his shirt, while he looked back at me with pure disgust. I don't think he liked my laugh. Too bad for him, i couldnt and wouldnt stop.

"Just be glad i only used the Oat milk, and not the expired milk we have in the bin" I teased whilst continuing to enjoy the show.

"Really? I was expecting something a bit bigger for your first hit" Benjamin's voice was flat. He grabbed the milk that was still slowly leaking on the ground, and before I could react, he raised the carton from the floor and swung it in my direction.

Unlike Benjamin, who had two spots of wet oat milk on his clothes, i was unequivocally drenched from head to toe.

It was almost like a whip of oat milk slashed from the top of my head to my now oak milk soaked converse. I stood stunned watching droplets of milk drip down my arms.

I could feel it dripping down my neck and under my shirt.

"Benjamin you ass!" I hissed before trying to examine the floor to see where the carton was lying now, and if there was any milk left in it I could throw it at him again.

It seemed that Benjamin had the same idea, as our eyes met whilst scanning the floor.

That was when I noticed Benjamin's eyebrows raise, whilst he was looking slightly to the right of my converse.

BINGO.

As his arm swooped to reach the carton, I nabbed it quickly before he had the chance. The carton felt basically empty but even a few drops of sticky oat milk on his 'perfect' hair would be good enough.

"Oh no you don't!" Benjamin yelled, before running to the other side of the counter. It was then I noticed a few customers walking up to the entrance. I had approximately five seconds to get revenge.

"Any last words?" I taunted whilst walking over to where Benjamin was cornered.

"Ill make your life hell Stormy" Benjamin stated clearly.

I was less than an arm's length away, as I lifted the carton and shook the remaining contents over his head. It was more satisfying than anything I'd ever felt before.

"Silly Benjamin, you've already made my life hell" I spoke a little quieter before dropping the carton on the oat milk puddled floor.