New Egg

Based on a true story from my childhood.

*The episode starts with Test Tube opening the playground's gate to let Blueprint in.*

Test Tube:
If you need me, I'll be over at the picnic table! And try not to get hurt! I don't have my Ultra-First Aid Kit on me right now!

Blueprint:
Okay, mommy!

*Blueprint begins to climb onto the monkey bars, before noticing Caramel Apple playing on a rocking duck nearby. She smiles and hops of the bars, running over to him*

Blueprint:
Hey, Caramel Apple! Caramel Apple!

Caramel Apple:
Huh? WOAH-!

*Caramel suddenly falls off the duck, hitting his head on the ground.*

Blueprint:
Sorry...Do you wanna play on the see-saw with me? There's no one else around...

Caramel Apple:
O-Oh, okay! I can go to the doctor's later. Let's go!

*Blueprint and Caramel Apple start running towards the see-saw, passing by a nearby tree. Blueprint suddenly slows down, noticing something nestled in the grass. She bent down to look at it closer, before her eyes widen a bit*

Blueprint:
Caramel, look...

*Caramel comes over to see what Blueprint found. A small blue spotted egg, hidden in the blades of grass. He looked up, noticing a nest of similar blue eggs resting on a branch above it.*

Blueprint:
It's an eggy...

Caramel Apple:
Ooh...I think it's from the nest up there...I can't climb that high...

Blueprint:
Neither can I.

Caramel Apple:
How are we gonna get him back up?

*Blueprint looks down at the egg, before gently picking it up. It was very small, so it fit into her small hands.*

Blueprint:
My daddy raised an egg before I was born...I wanna be an egg mom too. Like daddy.

Caramel Apple:
But...what about its mommy?

Blueprint:
She has other eggies up there. She wouldn't mind if I took one...I think...I'll take good care of her...I promise.

Caramel Apple:
But-...okay, then.

Blueprint:
Mommyyyy! Can we go home earlyyy??

*It then jumped to Blueprint in her room. She set the egg down in a small container filled with cotton balls and a small blanket. Above it was a light that shone down on the egg, hoping to warm it up.*

Blueprint:
There you go, Dotty. Your new bed! And I got you a light and a blankie so you can be warm.

Test Tube(Off-Screen):
Blueprint! Breakfast!

Blueprint:
Coming!

*Blueprint rubbed the upside of the egg with her finger, before leaving her room. A montage began of Blueprint taking care of the egg overtime. She'd also occasionally hide it when Test Tube, Bot, or Fan came into the room. But then, she'd go right back to taking care of it when they left. Just like as if she was a mother to them. It then cut to the present, where the egg was beginning to shake slightly in the Tupperware.*

Blueprint:
Shake shake shake...You're gonna be a big beautiful birdie one day...I know it. And your wings are gonna be beautiful too.

*Suddenly, the door opened, and Test Tube walked into the room holding Blueprint's backpack*

Test Tube:
Blueprint, you ready for school ye-?

*Blueprint shouted as she quickly grabbed the Tupperware, pushing it under the bed. However, she was unable to hide it quick enough. Test Tube saw the whole thing.*

Test Tube:
...Honey, is there something you wanna show me?

Blueprint:
Um-...J-Just...um...

*Blueprint pulled up the covers from under her bed, pulling out the Tupperware bowl in defeat. Test Tube looked inside, noticing the small blue spotted egg inside.*

Test Tube:
Oh...Golly. Where did you get this little guy from?

Blueprint:
When we went to the park on Sunday...I found her underneath a tree. She must have fallen from her nest. I wanted to be an egg-mom, just like papa was! I-I even gave her a name! I-I don't want to give her up...

Test Tube:
Blueprint...It's really sweet you want to try and take care of an egg too, but...This egg already has a family back in the park. You know she can't stay here...

Blueprint:
B-But...I thought the mommy birdie wouldn't mind...she has a lot of other eggs in that nest...

Test Tube:
It may seem like that, but truth is...all mommies, bird or not, care for their children very deeply. Especially babies like Dotty. And it's best if we don't separate them from the ones who take care of them.

Blueprint:
...Just like daddy and his egg?

Test Tube:
That's a...good comparison. I promise you, Dotty will be taken care of back with her real mommy.

Blueprint:
...Will she come back to visit me?

Test Tube:
Well, maybe! I mean, scientifically no, but perhaps...She'll come by to visit you once in a while. I promise.

*Blueprint looked down at the egg in the Tupperware bowl...*

*It then cut back to the park, where Test Tube was lifting Blueprint up to the nest where the egg fell from. Inside the nest were three other blue polka-dotted eggs. Blueprint looked down at the egg in her hands, and smiled*

Blueprint:
I'm gonna miss you, Dotty. But your mommy is going to take good care of you!

*She carefully set the egg into the nest with the other eggs*

Blueprint;
Bye bye, Dotty...I'm gonna miss you! Visit the hotel someday!

*Test Tube set Blueprint back down on the ground, patting her on the head.*

Test Tube:
You did the right thing, sweetie. I'm so proud.

Blueprint:
Thanks, mommy.

Test Tube:
Now, let's hurry and get you to school. I wanna test out my new teleporter!

Blueprint:
Yaaaay!

*...It then cut to a day later. Test Tube enters Blueprint's bedroom.*

Test Tube:
Blueprint! Time to get ready for-

*She was shocked to see Blueprint wasn't there. Panicking, she began looking around the room for her, only to turn up with nothing.*

Test Tube:
FAN, SOUND THE ALARM!! WE LOST THE BABY!!

Blueprint(Offscreen):
Hey, mommy!

*Test Tube turned towards the window, seeing that Blueprint was being flown away by a bluejay into the sun.*

Blueprint:
Look! Dotty's mommy is here! She's gonna take me to school!

Test Tube:
BLUEPRINT!!!