Dance of Bubbles

"What happened?" Dakota asks, looking highly concerned of me

Oh God, I am nothing in front of him!

"S-Sorry. I made a fool of myself." I break down in uncontrollable tears.

"Shhh." He shush me, and grab my arm, guiding me towards a quieter corner. Numerous eyes follow us, and the weight of guilt increases in me.

"Emara, look at me."

I look up at those green enigmatic eyes, as they stare back at me with utmost seriousness.

"Take deep breaths. You didn't make a fool of yourself. Okay?" He tells me softly, like talking to a child.

"I am so sorryy. I didn't-t mean to-o" I whisper in a choking voice, as the tears won't stop rolling down my cheeks.

"Shh" Dakota shushes me onces again and crack opens the lid with one hand. "Drink water." He instructs me passing the bottle back.

I hesitantly take a few sips, aware of the unwanted eyes on us. I was supposed to assist him here, not him assist me in between my anxiety attack.

"Look at me." Dakota says softly, raising his hand to my face, but he stops and retrieves his handkerchief to gently wipe away my tears.

Oh, my makeup! Leo and Micky would have buried me by now.

"Just take deep breaths, and keep drinking." He advises me and I do as he says. The choking feeling in my throat subdues as I gulp more water.

"You are doing fine." Dakota tells me. "And don't worry about those old men, they are silently freaking out about their own expiration date."

I chuckle through my tears.

He is funny!

A finger gently lifts my chin, making me look into those ocean deep mysterious eyes while he whispers, "You are made up of Cosmic dust, you are no less than any human. Remember that." 

His words penetrate deep within me and I couldn't help but stare at him, feeling an intense pull of gravity towards the light in his eyes.

"It took billion years for all those minerals to turn into bones. So do not undermine yourself." He says, offering me his handkerchief, before gently placing a hand on my back.

Gratefully, I accept his hanky murmuring slowly, "Thank you."

I thought he would be mad at me for embarassing him in between his peers, but here he is.. Standing by my side, with his hand rubbing my back, supporting me, warming me, waiting for me to calm down.

His thumb brushes on my chin, wiping away a tear and I lift my gaze to meet his. They are soft, twinkling with amusement.

"Looks like your makeup is tears proof." Dakota comments, after observing my face.