Chapter 11

Hiro Pov:

(classroom)

Kuoh Elementary School is the only elementary school in this town where I studying in, inside the class I am seated in the back corner of the classroom like your typical anime protagonist, I know it's too cliche for me but the advantage of having this seat that you rarely get caught sleeping in a class by the teacher and pretty much slack off for the rest of the class hour.

Yeah, you heard me right, I'm a lazy son of a b*tch and don't want to relearn basic math again, so I just ignore the teacher and train my magic to pass the time.

inside the class, I notice some of the students possess a small sign of mana inside their bodies but the rest of them don't have any at all, so not all humans can possess mana in their bodies and some don't have any talent to harness their mana even if they have mana inside their body.

'I guess I'm that lucky huh?, but knowing this world filled with the supernatural, I need this power to survive', I go back to meditating with a sleeping posture at the table to avoid getting seen as a weirdo, but before I got a chance to meditate a hush voice of my desk mate make me lost concentration.

"Hey, Takeda-Kun wakes up, the teacher will be mad if you are caught sleeping", I open my eyes and look beside me, I see a small girl who has brown hair with twin tails and hazel color eyes looking at me with full concern.

I give her the laziest look ever and continue meditating, oh yeah I forgot to introduce my desk mate, her name is Muramaya Katase, The future knight of sona sitri and the one that will beat the living sh*t out to Issei just because he always peeping at the kendo girls, I still don't know what the point of peeping naked girls, maybe they have that weird fetish or something.

After a while, she kept pestering me to wake up but finally, she gave up and went back to studying with a sulking face, I don't remember interacting with her at all and she always tried to open a conversation with me, mostly I ignored her advances because when I know what world I'm living here, the more I'm closer to the plot and meeting that pervert protagonist.

After the school bell rings, I open my eyes and see my training progress in front of me.

[Skill 'mana affinity' has been leveled up 5x]

[Skill 'Mana container' has been leveled up 5x]

[Skill 'Mana regeneration' has been leveled up 5x]

[Skill 'Meditation" has been leveled up 7x]

'I still have way much to go huh?', not discouraged with the small gain, I pack up my things and ready to go home, as I walk on the road I see the sunset with a perfect view of the Kuoh town, and still don't know this is the last and long time I will saw this beautiful sight again.

As I got close to the church, a sudden jolt washed over my body, the surroundings changed to a different dimension look, the sky turned purple and the eerie feeling got stronger as came closer to the church.

'what the f*ck was that?', before I come to my senses an explosion comes from inside the church, with fear gripping my heart the thought of Father Yaekagi and Mother Alicia's well-being, I force myself to run toward the church entrance door to look at the situation, after I arrived at the door and open the church door, the sight of carnage make my stomach turn upside down, the dead bodies is human but they have a black bat wing behind their back.

'A Devil?!?!' with the revelation of what happening, I remembered the conversation between Mother Alicia and Father Yeakagi,

'stop thinking Hiro, you need to focus on finding Them first', with a heavy breath sound coming from the altar, I come closer and see Father Yaekagi is injured Heavily, Father Yaekagi then notices me and coughs violently.