Chapter One

Pov ; Jackson Smith

----

I lay in the grassy meadow, my sword laying on my chest, its cold metal touching my neck. I look around at all of the different flowers and all the different creatures, bees, hummingbirds, deer, all of them. It was so peaceful here. I heard a *swoosh* noise come from the bushes and a piece of folded up paper flew onto my face.

"Ugh!" I mumbled in shock.

I took the piece of paper and opened it, it was a poem, a very nicely written one as well.

' How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death. ' *

I heard a giggle from the bushes and I soon figured out who my not so secret lover was.

"David I know it's you dear." I said playfully.

"Aw man. Did you like my poem though Jackie?" David said as he emerged from the bushes.

"I adored it mi amor." I smiled as he walked up to me and pecked me on the cheek.

"Yay!" He smiled from ear to ear, I was oh so lucky to have a boy like him.

I stood up from my spot in the meadow and took his hand, rubbing it affectionately.

"Is there anything you want David?" I asked, I could notice that his mind wasn't quite here with us.

"Oh! Uhm... Yeah actually." He paused. "You see the kings coming to our small little town Jackie..." He fidgeted with his fingers.

He has always had a crush on King Exer, before we started to date he would talk about him constantly, which I'm okay with, I have a girlfriend of my own and we all know we exist and we live together in harmony like windchimes blowing in a slight breeze.

"You want me to go with you dear?" I asked.

His eyes lighted up with joy as I asked this question.

"Yes!! I would love that!! Oh my gosh Jackie thank you!!"

"Of course David, anything for my lover." I kneeled down to pick up my sword and a flower for my girlfriend and we soon walked back to our house.

-- at the house --

"Welcome back dear!" My girlfriend, Pamela, said as we opened the door.

"Thanks Pam!" I smiled as I walked over to her to give her a kiss on the forehead.

"How was your ventures in the outdoors?" She asked, a bright gleam of wonder in her eyes.

See, she wasn't allowed to leave the house, not because of the fact she was under house arrest or anything like that but because she was paralyzed from the waist down since birth, it was due to her mother making the worst of choices while pregnant, she could easily go outside but the rest of the town doesn't like to see ones that are different than the rest. Whenever she tries to leave the house she would get looked at and picked on due to her crutches and wheelchair she would use. Everyone would laugh at her and call her deformed or even worse, a witch. She was one and with her being called one due to her disabilities we couldn't risk her actually getting caught.