CHAPTER 3: BIRTH OF THE SYSTEM

The angelic brethren each felt the passing of Raphael, and though sadness gripped their hearts, there was no time to grieve. They were locked in their own battles of life and death. Meanwhile an ongoing confrontation unfolded between Chayyliel and Azriel.

Chayyliel was in the middle of unleashing a barrage of strikes with her spear aimed with deadly precision, but time and time again the shadow knight parried her attacks.

They clash at near instant speeds as Azriel uses his greatsword to elegantly pierce through the air each strike destroying landmasses below. As the duel intensified he suddenly positioned himself for a blunt strike seemingly taunting her. This audacious act only infuriating the angel. "You dare make such a sloppy attack." She yelled in an enraged tone as she begins creating after images of herself instigating a mighty attack.

"For your insolence you shall pay with your life. Power of Heaven and Earth Multi-Strike!" an aura of divine energy began to accumulate around her being from both the mortal and heavenly realms. This was a self taught skill which empowered her attack to be several times stronger than it normally would be as all her apparitions materialized aligning themselves such that the tip of their spears collided into one magnificent array of energy.

The culmination of her power was unleashed as her true self hurled her divine spear through the concentrated energy, creating a devastating force racing towards the shadow knight.

But in an instant Azriel vanished from sight, appearing right behind the archangel mid-slash and with an astonishing display of speed and precision his attack connects.

A perfectly executed strike, not just in its precision but in the power it contains. Chayyliel though, was left confused and her mind disoriented as her sense of direction goes numb.

"H-how... t-th-this can't be happening." The once unshakable archangel found herself unable to comprehend the sudden turn of events. Her viewpoint began to shift and rotate as she fell, but something was amiss; she couldn't feel her body. That was when it dawned upon her as she finally saw her body a distance away, separated from her essence falling towards the earth.

She had been decapitated and by just a single strike, she the Archangel of Valor had been slain in battle so easily. Her body began to crack dissipating into a thousand fragments as she had not yet come to terms with death. Her eerie silence as her life ended made even the shadow knight flinch, and with a smile it was done. Chayyliel was no more.

On the far outer rims of the conflict was Diablo, legs crossed and all with a smirk. He truly enjoyed the despair he causes the Lord as neither of them can get involved in the war as their might counters each other. He enjoyed putting the so called all mighty in a position of helplessness, but this wouldn't last long.

"FALL BACK!" a shout reverberated across the sky. It was the light keeper himself with a face filled with rage and despair. The million or so angels which were left immediately withdrew from their battles, returning to area around him. This included a badly wounded Gabriel and Araqiel whom both had deep gauges in their bodies as well as their wings being nearly permanently damaged. This was as a result of their battle against Null. The reality was that even with the strength of the both of them it was not even taken aback.

This retreat prompted the thousands of demon knights who survived to go back as well but before they could even do so.

"Hell flame." A massive burst of flames similar to those of the All Consuming Fire permeated the air as the entirety of the demon army was eviscerated, leaving only the generals alive. This attack came from the Monarch of the demons himself.

"Pathetic weaklings, only death await those who fail me." He scorned finally getting up from his throne. "Tsk, guess I must finish you myself."

Up standing Diablo is simply a demon with light brown skin, a structured jaw line and glimmering red eyes his robe adorning him in all his greatness and his short red hair flowing in the wind. This form was different from the one he had before. He had transformed in the midst of the war.