CHAPTER10: KING OF KINGS (3)- The Wastelands Edge

The sun emerged once again, signifying the beginning of a new day for young Zephyr. The previous night devoid of sleep, he simply was far too occupied contemplating how things were gonna be from now on. But before diving into his daily activities Zephyr decided to check his profile.

"Open Character Profile."

[Opening Character Profile]

[Name: Zephyr Everwood

Age: 16

Level: 6

Exp: 7593.75/9765.625

Stats:

Strength-15

Speed-13

Health-11

Dexterity-11

Intelligence-14

SP: 2

QI: 1400

HP: 1,000,000,000,000

Skills: Bloodlust(0), Regeneration(10), Danger Sense(0), Hand of God(40), The Fist of God(100), Void Blast(200)

Inventory: World Splitter, Spawn Repulsion Heart

Mission: Clear an entire Spawn field within the allotted time limit

Rewards- 1000exp, the active skill The King of Kings

Penalty- Death

Time Limit- 11days

Realms: Divine Training Room

Soldiers: 1]

'That should be good enough for now.' He thought while assessing himself, when a realization came upon him.

"Hey system, why hasn't anyone commented on my change in appearance?" He queried, intrigued by the lack of attention paid to his new self.

[A sudden change in appearance would have drawn unneeded suspicion upon the host]

[There is currently an illusion cast upon the body of the host to conceal your new looks. It will slowly dissipate over time, making it seem like the hosts physic has evolved gradually]

"Well at least you've got it covered." Zephyr acknowledged. And with that settled he stood up, finally prepared to start the new day.

Maya had woken up not long after, as she began to get herself ready. After getting all of her preparations done she slowly approached Zephyr, pausing by his side and getting a glimpse of the sunrise before it ended.

"So, what's your plan now?" She asked, curious about Zephyrs' next steps.

Zephyr paused for a moment before letting out.

Taking a moment to consider, Zephyr replied.

"For now, we wait for a full rescue team with vehicles to arrive and transport us."

'It's gonna be a while before that happens, but it's not like there are any other options' He thought, before something else crossed his mind.

"Do you know about the golden blur?" Zephyr asked.

Maya stared at him for a moment before a sigh escaped her lips.

*Sigh*

"Are you for real?"

Taken aback by her response Zephyr pressed on.

"What do you mean?" He asked hoping to get an explanation from her.

"The golden blur is the entity responsible for dealing with recent catastrophes," Maya explained, her words dripping with a hint of sarcasm.

He then realized that he was the one Nikko was referring to. After all there were witnesses to his feats, but luckily his identity had remained hidden.