Inhuman: Chapter 3

He kissed her again.

"I can already barely control myself around you. But if we don't stop now, I might do something you don't like." He said.

"Thankyou." She said. "For actually caring for what I want to do."

"Always." He said. "But I'm serious. I love you. I have my reasons, which you don't know yet. But I'm not leaving you."

"Good." She smiled. She could tell he was thinking about something. "What?"

"Will you go out with me?" He said.

She chuckled.

"Oh my gosh Mason." She just smiled at him, but he was kind of nervous. "Yes. I will."

A huge grin covered his face.

"Perfect." He said. He decided that tomorrow he would show her what he was.

"Maybe we should get to bed." She said.

"Okay." He said.

She got off of him and layed on her side facing away from him, so he moved against her back and put the blanket over them.

He put his arm over her waist, but she took it and put it up on her chest, letting out a sigh as she got comfortable.

"Goodnight darlin." He kissed her neck and rested his head on the back of her shoulder so his nose was filled with the scent of her hair.

"Goodnight." She laughed.

Melanie woke up before him the next morning.

She turned over so she could look at him.

She admired his features and couldn't help but think about him in bed with her doing something else.....

She thought Mason was good though. He was very nice to her, only snapping at her when the funeral was happening. They were both struggling with the death of Jennifer.

She leaned forward and kissed him and expected it to just be a peck, but he grabbed her waist and kissed her hard.

He opened his eyes, smirking.

"Wow. I thought you were still asleep." She said.

"Nope." He said.

She stretched and sat up. He sat up behind her.

"There's something I want to show you today." He said.

"Okay." She said.

"Well. I'm gonna go do something for breakfast." He said.

"I'll be down in a minute." She said.

He kissed her then got up.

Lucas and Kyle came down a minute after he did.

"Did you guys do anything last night?" Kyle said, sitting at the island with Lucas.

Mason leaned over the island. He knew his brothers wouldn't say anything, and he needed to vent.

"When she was 15, she was....assaulted....by a boyfriend. " He said, pausing between words as he found it hard to speak about.

"What the fuck? Seriously?" Kyle said, shocked.

"Oh my god. That's awful." Lucas said.

"Yeah. It was by her boyfriend at the time. Because she asked me how many girls had been in my bed besides her and I told her none, and she told me that she was raped, never been with anybody else. God it just makes me so mad that somebody could do that to her, or anybody." He said.