Part 4

"Speak," Zoya said looking out of the window.

On the other end of the phone was Aanya, she began complaining, "See Zoya, I have this good-for-nothing disease, PCOS and still I am trying to be stable with my health, my body, my mood. Yesterday I was feeling so tense for no reason, so I phoned him. He was in a bad mood as usual. I told him that I was feeling tense and that my hands are shaking. So you know what his reply was? He said, 'So what?' that shut me up. I understood, there is no use of making him understand me, he won't understand me ever. He knows that I have PCOS, yet he never behaves in a kind manner to me."

"Did you ask him, what is happening with him?"
"What could be happening with him, he was with those cousins of his, those drunkards and he was wondering if he should be drinking or not and during that time I called him."
"Oh! So what did you say?"

"I said drink as much as you want."

"Okay, now cool down. We have discussed this over a million times. If we expect him to change, then his environment should change, for his environment to change he should get a job, for him to get job he should finish that course, and for that, it takes time. So time, give him time, he may change."
"And what if he doesn't change?"
Zoya was silent, "Um...if he doesn't change, then...we will see that then. It's a long way. You don't overthink. How are you feeling now?"
"Now I am fine. Again, I think I am saying all this, because of my mood swings."
"I think so."
"See. This PCOS is no child's play."

"I feel so sorry for you Aanya."
"You needn't be. I am better."
"I wish you get rid of it fast."
"Get rid of what?"

Zoya paused, "PCOS"

"True. So let me get ready for college. You might be on the bus right now."
"Yes. Usually, I go with a senior but she missed the bus and now I am alone in this super-fast bus."
"Don't fly away."
"I have got a seat." Zoya laughs. "Bye then."
"Bye."

That day was as hot as any other day. The sun's rays were spread in the early morning itself. Students kept boarding down in all the buses that stopped in the college. Their sweaty hands and faces made them unfresh. Some were sleepy, like Zoya. She danced left and right and finally reached her class.

"I am exhausted!" She complaint.

Sara was the only one in the class, "Too hot." She went on opening all the windows. "I didn't even get a seat on the bus."

"If I hadn't got a seat then, I would have fallen out of the bus. That driver is like racing on the road. I don't know how the school children manage to stand the whole time."
"Experience. You would be the only newbie travelling by bus."

"True."

"I hate summer!!" Zoya screamed.

Kiran came inside smiling. "Are you drunk in the morning itself?"

"Tired of bus rides."
"The conductors are rude."
"Here the driver flies the bus."
  Kiran laughed, "Flies?"
"I doubt if the wheels touch the road." Zoya adjusted her dress and sat well.

The first 3 hours were hectic. Zoya slept the last hour, the sir was least bothered about the students. No one even understands what he speaks.

We nid to take te therd and ferth module, I will start with te therd one since it is eazy. It is a sttoree. You read te pert one. And we will dicuz it then we will go to the next part. Everybody understand?

(silence)

Okay, you mey read.

the third hour went that way.

Asha woke Zoya. Her hair was messy as usual.

"Let's eat," Nithya spoke arranging the chair.

"No." Zoya got up.