Part 7

Zoya reached the station at 9: 00 Am. Aanya reached soon after. The station was crowded at that time. People with suitcases and trolley bags moving in all directions. Kids crying, vendors making profits, station master checking the train's time. Few crows on the rail, and dogs on the floor.

Zoya phones Aanya, "Where are you?"
"Where are you?"
"I am near this what you call." Zoya turns around, "Um...a store selling books and magazines."
"Left or right from the waiting area."
"Right."
"Wait."
Aanya walks to the right. She was carrying one 'American Tourist' backpack. She passed through the stores selling general items. Snacks, water, pillow.

Far away she could see a store with magazines hung. "Is it a yellow and green one?" She talks over the phone.

"Yes, that's it."
"I found it." She ends the call. As she walked, she got closer and closer to the stall. Beside it was a bench. On it, Zoya was sitting.

Zoya got up as soon as Aanya arrived, she then hugged her. Her large bag is on her back.

"After so long!"
"Yeah. We met on the summer holidays!"
"It's been a month!" Zoya jumped.

"What about others? The train arrives at 9:38!"

"Ethe will arrive soon. He is stuck in the traffic."
"Let me call Peter." Aanya takes her phone and moves aside.

Zoya checks her WhatsApp and sits on the bench.

Aanya comes to her, smiling.

"Spill it out," Zoya said.

"He just got out of the house."
"Wow! And how far is his house?"
"Um...may take an hour."
"Goodbye train," Zoya said.

"You needn't wait for him. You can leave once Ethen comes."

"Nice idea."
"I am being serious." Aanya sits beside her.

"See, such trips are not going to come again, at least in my life. The next one with you would be once I turn 25 and when I am settled with a job. I am not leaving this place without you."
"But we can come back together."

"The trip starts once we get on the train. Perhaps it was a bad idea to book it."
"No, you leave. We will follow you on the next train."
"When do you think is the next train?" Zoya checks in the internet, "At 11:25!"
Aanya was silent,

Zoya got up, "I will cancel the tickets and come. We can get on the general compartment of the 11:25 am train."
Zoya's phone rings, "Ethe...um...beside a book store. Yellow and green. I can see you, turn back!" Zoya waves her hand.

Ethen waves at her back and hurries towards her.

Zoya smiled, excitement filled in her eyes.

"Hey, Zo."

"Ethe!" Zoya hugged him.

"Am I late?"
"No, no. I don't think we can get on the train."

"Why?"
"Peter may be late."
"Not 'maybe' he will be late." Aanya interrupted
"Before that, Ethe this is Aanya. And Aanya this is Ethe." Both of them shake their hands.

Ethen then speaks, "But the train is an hour late right?"
"What?" Zoya and Aanya together.

"When I left home, I had checked the time of that train. Today it is running late. Let me check that." He takes out his iPhone. "Yes, it is running late by an hour."
"Wow!" Zoya spoke, "We are lucky then. He would be here by that time."
Aanya smiled, "I will tell him that."
Zoya smiled back.

Ethen looks at Zoya. Zoya blinks.

Ethen keeps his backpack on the floor and sits beside Zoya.

"Better you talk to her," Ethen whispers.