The Secretary of State

-1 month later-

*Steve's Pov*

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditional reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred." The female news anchor spoke.

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of innocent is no victory at all." The wakandan king said. "The wakandan king went on to-" the female anchor was speaking but I turned the TV off.

I heard sounds from Y/n's room. She hasn't been coming out of her room since attack at the workshop last month, refused to have dinner together. I decided to check on her. "The White Spy was found having aggressive behaviour towards the news reporters just after the attack. The Spy was unarmed and unprepared for the attack yet managed to save the people in the building but one kid died during the process. After the attack the spy showed a rude attitude towards the reporter." The news anchor spoke through the TV.

"Will you please *beep* off ?" Footage of Y/n shouting at the reporters was shown. I turned off the TV by the main switch grabbing her attention. "Why would you turn it off?" Y/n said moving her head towards me. Her right arm was broken very badly from that incident and she still had sling attached to her hand. She told me that she's broken that bone like 5 times before that is why it is taking too long to recover.

"You don't have to watch that." I said. "It wasn't good what I did there." She said looking to the floor. "It's not your fault." I say nearby her.

"No they were very specific. I don't think I deserve what I have." She said still looking down. "Hey!" I called out touching her shoulder and she looked up. "They don't know what you've been through. Are you different from us? Yes, but that doesn't mean you deserve any less. You are a good person." I said. "She died because of me." She said looking back to the floor.

"You tried your best y/n."

"I shouldn't have pushed the reporter, he was just doing his job."

"I understand the you've got anger issu-"

"I broke the camera of the Pap."

"You-"

"I killed dozens but they still accepted me, what did I give them in return?"

She just kept blaming herself not listening to the single word I said. "It's not-" I tried once again. "I am shame to the-" I shook her a little, "Y/n!" I said in a slight raised voice and she stopped looking back at me, tears were on her cheeks. I wiped them with my hand and rested it on her shoulder. She looked at me, straight in my eyes. Her eyes said everything, she don't think she deserves what she have. She thinks that she should be in a prison. I hugged her trying to calm the bad thoughts running through her head. After a slight second she hugged me back.

She have never opened up with us really about her past. Just sometimes out of anger. All those years in HYDRA made her something she never ever would want to be. She tortured her resulting in a broken soul. The thing that still hearts me the most was the time when she told how she got herself in HYDRA. Not only because it was the worst moment of her but because who made it the worst. I don't hate Bucky, I never will. He wasn't in the right state when he did that. I know my friend. I also know that the only person Y/n willingly want to kill is Bucky. I can't let that happen and that's why we've always kept it a secret from her that Bucky's in Romania. I never either told Tony about his parents death, otherwise he'll also try to kill him. It's best for all of us to keep these secrets.

Suddenly Vision popped out of the wall. "What the..?" Y/n said. "Well, th door was open so I assumed that..." He started but changed the topic. "...Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving." He said and I nodded and said,"Thank you. We'll be right down." He pointed towards the door and said,"I'll use the door." Before existing he said,"Oh and apparently he's brought a guest."

"You know who it is?" I asked. "The secretary of state." He said and existed.

"