The Sokovia Accords

Y/n's pov

All of us were sitting in the living room after Mr. Secretary had just proposed us the Sokovia accords. It says that The Avengers should no longer be a private organisation and should be controlled by UN and asked for help only when required. This was proposed as the behaviour of the Avengers like me among public ruining the image of Avengers and US, and to keep things safe as wherever Avengers go there is destruction. The Avengers were dangerous and they were needed to be controlled.

Sam and Rodes were fighting over the idea of accords. Tony was still silent and Steve was re-reading the accords very carefully. "What do you think Y/n?" Wanda said making me run out of my thoughts. "I don't think Secretary was wrong." I said.

"You really hold that opinion?" She asked raising a brow in disbelief. "I don't know about others but, when he talked about to me I felt- I felt it was my mistake. He was saying the truth." I said. I don't really know how to express. "What do you mean by that?" Nat asked. Everyone was now looking at me. "Do you think someone like me deserves to be out on thier own? It IS dangerous." I tried to explain. "But controlling us means they might bring corruption into. Now right now but think in long term." Wanda said. "We're the Avengers, if we find something's fishy we'll be able to solve it. For now I think Accords is a great opportunity to bring back the trust people have on Avengers." I said.

"But at what cost Y/n?" Steve looked out of the book of the Accords. "Do you really think it would be a idea to be under control?" Stev said. "For now. Yes." I said. "Do you hold that opinion when HYDRA controlled you? Controlled you will." Steve said. "HYDRA was different Steve, it was a terrorist organisation for no good but this, this is the government." I said. "There's no difference between government and HYDRA, if they're not doing what's right!" Steve said calmly.

"I have an equation!" Vision said. "Oh this will clear it up." Sam said and everyone looked at Vision. "In the 8 years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Ironman the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. During the same period the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve said. "I'm saying there may be a casuality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision completed. "Boom!" Rodes said turning to Wilson. "Tony?" Natasha said to turing towards the man. "You are being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal." Natasha said to him.

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Rogers said. "Boy, you know me so well." Tony said getting up from couch. "Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on Cap. It's just pain." He said moving towards th snack counter and taking a coffee mug. "Who's put the coffee grounds in the disposal?" He asked. "Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He moved to the table putting his phone and projecting a screen in the air. A picture of a young boy was there.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, has a floor level gig at Intel planning for the fall. But first he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe of service. Charlie didn't want to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where? Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. We won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass." He completed all of us were ashamed of ourselves. "There's no decision making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes. I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys." Tony said.

"Tony, someone dies on your watch, you don't give up." Rogers said. "Who said we're giving up?" Stark said. "We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame." Rodes intruped Steve and said,"I'm sorry, Steve. That is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not World Security Council, it's not S.H.I.E.L.D., it's not HYDRA." Rogers intruped him and said,"No, but it's run by people with agendas and agendas change." Stark intruped Steve and said,"That's good. That's why I am here. When I realised what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stopped manufacturing."

"Tony you can choose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our right to choose.What if panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there is somewhere we need to go and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still out own." Steve said getting a little pissed off by Tony. "If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact that won't be pretty." Tony said in a serious tone. "You're saying they'll come for me?" Wanda asked. "We'll protect you." Vision assured.

"Maybe Tony's right. If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off." I said agreeing with Tony. "We've made some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back." I completely. "Y/n's right." Natasha said. Okay I didn't expect that myself. Tony moved towards Nat and said," Focus up. I'm sorry. Did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" He said to Natasha. "I want to take it back now." Natasha said. "No, no, no, you can't retract it. Okay case close I win." Tony said but Steve wasn't listening. "I am not signing that thing." He said and left without a context.