Episode L~ Careful, Little Girl

21st Century

New York

Dark clouds cast over the morning sky, promising a heavy fall from the heavens. First, the silver flash of lightning was grasped followed by the frightening roar of the upcoming thunderstorm. The temperature dropped to some degrees and a cool wind blew lightly, brushing the fields.

Unpredictable

Today's climate matched the mood of a sinner kneeling on the lonely grounds of the family cemetery, where, the blood of his blood has been buried in the past. The morbid silence along with the rumble of heavy clouds was his companion today. His body remained still under the slowly darkening sky of the morning. Memories flashed like lightning behind the closed lids and gloomy feelings soared like the brewing storm in distance.

Pulling out a pair of white lilies from the inside pocket of his business suit jacket, he places them gently on the two tombs in front of him. One on tomb reading initials of his father's in golden and other on the mother's. Kissing the tips of his forefinger and middle finger, he presses them against the cold marble of his father's tomb and joins his hands, sending a silent prayer to the power, who watches over the world to watch after the deceased as well. He prayed to bring those souls to light just like he was granted a chance to redeem past mistakes.

After silence of a minute, he opens his eyes and stares at the family crest carved on his father's tomb.

"Hi, dad. I am sorry that it took me so long to come here and pay my respect. You have no idea how difficult it was. This is the first visit and I am already regretting the idea of stopping by. Knowing that you are not going to answer back and I am never going to hear your voice is punishment itself. But we are dealing, both of us are trying our best to stay strong at this fragile time. We have built this solid exterior, disabling any chance of the world considering us weak and grief-stricken. Today, monsters are betting to see us fall. I am here to tell you that I will not give them any satisfaction. I will stand like a mountain and face every difficulty bravely. In the path of shaping a collapsing empire, I will also fight for my love. Just stay by my side and keep telling me- I can do this. I love you."

Alex whispered before standing up and turning around to leave the area. It was his first day as the chairman of Miller Industries and the day cannot be continued on a positive note without taking the blessings of the old one. Buttoning up his suit jacket, he marches towards the awaiting car, parked right outside the huge iron gates. Lauren was leaning against the dark vehicle, lost in her thoughts. When she heard him coming, passed him a small smile and for a moment, everything was right in the world.

They settled in the car right after the ignition was turned on and drove in the direction of Miller Industries.

"Yeah, the eagle is on the way. Make sure to scout the destination twice and alert everybody to take their positions." Charlie barked orders on the phone from the passenger seat and then relaxed back.