34. The Secret Prophecy

"You thought it would really work out? Are you that stupid?"

Song of the chapter: Sleepwalker by akiaura, LONOWN, STM

__________________________________

Recap:

The brunette witch walked away, leaving Elena standing behind her.

Clarissa stopped by a forest and started sobbing, dropping to the ground.

Clutching at her heart, the girl cried and cried.

And then, it happened.

Clarissa Gilbert-Petrova's heart completely shattered as she screamed.

Faith's and Harmony's eyes filled with tears as they watched their mother breaking down.

Because when you are betrayed by the person who was closest to you, it scars you for life and it can never be healed.

And as the witch screamed, bright red energy escaped her body, shaking the ground.

Clarissa felt someone kneel next to her and being pulled into an embrace.

"I hate her. I hate her," the brunette cried out, sobbing loudly, and her head was being caressed.

"I know," Kol muttered, still holding her in his arms.

At that moment, Clarissa never wished more not to feel anything.

__________________________________

To say Elijah Mikaelson was confused would be an understatement.

In the middle of the night, his soulmate appeared back in the Mikaelson mansion with red, puffy eyes and dried tear marks on her face.

"Cassie?" asked Elijah as he walked over to the girl who was not moving and stood there protectively with her hands around herself.

"My Love, what happened?" Clarissa threw her arms around his neck, buried her face in his chest, and started sobbing.

"Fix it," the brunette pleaded quietly and the Original almost missed it.

"Fix what?" Elijah replied just as quietly, careful not to startle the girl. 

"Fix me. Please," Clarissa whispered, her head still buried in his chest.

Elijah pulled away from the doppelganger and cupped his hands around her face. 

Clarissa looked everywhere but him, afraid of what his reaction would be.

"Cassie, look at me,"

The Gilbert-Petrova girl hesitated but looked up, meeting his gaze.