35. Here Comes Trouble

"Come on! You think I can't handle a punch?"

Song of the chapter: Trouble by Valerie Broussard

__________________________________

Recap: 

"Aufero," the girl shouted, Esther's heart ripping out from her chest and flying into her hand.

Blood splashed all over her face and dress, the glow disappearing.

Clarissa walked outside of the crypt in sort of trance, still holding the heart.

"Cassie?" Elijah asked once he saw her but stopped as he saw the heart and the blood.

"Cassie?" Clarissa snapped out of the trance and dropped her heart.

"Oh my god," she covered her mouth, looking at her bloodied hand.

"I killed her," the witch realized.

"I killed her," Clarissa looked at Elijah with tears in her eyes.

"Please, don't be afraid of me, don't hate me. I didn't mean to kill her, I swear. I remember saying the prophecy and then she was dead. I'm so sorry, please forgive me," the brunette kept muttering, shaking her hand.

Elijah embraced the girl who stopped muttering.

"It's okay, My Love. I don't hate you, I could never," he whispered in her ear and Clarisa closed her eyes.

__________________________________

Clarissa hoped once the Original witch would be dead that it would be over.

It wasn't.

Because why would it be with their luck? 

Esther turned Alaric into some type of upgraded Original vampire before she died who somehow couldn't be killed by the white oak which seriously pissed off Clarissa.

"Of course, the trouble isn't done," Clarissa sighed.

You may want to know how did Clarissa find out.

Rebekah and Clarissa were cleaning up after the decade dance when Caroline entered a classroom where the two were.

"Where's Matt?" the blonde asked as the two kept cleaning.

"He bailed. Got called into work last minute," Rebekah shrugged and Clarissa threw the plastic cups into the trashcan.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us?" the vampire questioned and walked closer to the two. 

"Yes, and you're late. The clean-up committee started at 8 o'clock,"

"It's like 8:02," Caroline replied as she looked at her phone.