CHAPTER -8- Kismat ka khel

Both the 20 year old young man and the girl were talking while sitting on a swing in the garden.

The girl always told him a story, then the boy asked curiously, "So what happened next in the story, did the girl confess her love to him?"

She  looked back at him and shook her head in denial and said, "No, that girl was waiting for the right time to confess her love."

He laughs at this and says, "What if it happens that the girl keeps waiting for the right moment and the boy becomes someone else's."

Hearing this, she denies it and says, "This can never happen. When he grows up, he will get married to her only and then the girl will express her love for him."

"But who knows what fate will bring, we never know what's in someone's fate," saying so he throws a pebble in the nearby pond.

She too gets up from the swing and says, "Mene jaisa keh diya toh waisa he hoga "

( If I say it, it will happen like that )

He teased her and said, " Kyun tum logo ke haatho ki lakhir padh unki kismat Jaan leti ho kya? "

( What ,do you read someone's palm lines and know their fate? )

She too nods her head proudly and says, "Absolutely, no doubt about it."

So he brings his hand in front of her and asks her, " Toh batao meri kismat me kaisi ladki likhi hai"

( So tell me what kind of girl is written in my fate )

She holds his hand and stares at the lines on his palm, then, lost in thought, she raises one eyebrow and he eagerly awaits her response.

Then she puts her hand on her mouth in surprise and says, "Oh God ! तुम्हारी किस्मत में तो तुमसे उम्र में छोटी बच्ची , लगभग वेदिका की उम्र की एक ज़िद्दी लड़की से शादी होने का लिखा है "

(Oh God, it is written in your fate that you will marry a stubborn girl younger than you, almost of Vedika's age )

Hearing this, he dislikes it and removes his hand from hers and says, "कुछ भी मैं कोई बच्ची से विवाह थोड़ी न करूंगा, वेदु तो मेरे बच्ची के समान हैं ,उसके उम्र की लड़की से विवाह तो सवाल ही नहीं है "

( I will not marry a child, Vedu is like a child to me, marrying a girl of her age is out of the question )

Seeing his behavior, she started laughing loudly, then he holds her hand and reads the lines on her palm, seeing this she smiles at him.

She keeps on gazing at him with loving eyes and then he tells her, "और तुम्हारी तो किस्मत में तो कोई खडूस बुड्ढा लिखा है "

( And your fate has written some grumpy old man in it )

Saying this, he hit her head lightly with one of his fingers, and she rubbed her head and said, "You are just taking revenge for what I said."

~.                                           ~.      

He tells her the story of his marriage and the circumstances under which it happened and apologizes for breaking up with her.

Hiding her feelings from him she chuckles and says, "See, my predictions are never wrong, I had already told your fate."

He just nods his head and then she says, "Remember I used to tell you a story?"

Remembering it, he says with a slight smile, "Yes, who can forget that story, so what happened in the end"

Meera :- You were right, that girl was late and she was never able to confess her love..

Vikram:- According to me, that boy is the only fool who could never understand her love.

Hearing this she chuckled and said, "Can I hug you, as a friend, because now you belong to someone else, so it is necessary to ask."

He hesitated a little and seeing his hesitation she said, "Just for the one last time, I will never say it again"

Then he nods his head and gives her permission to hug him...

~.                                             ~.    

💫 Author's note :-

What do you think about this chapter?

Don't be a silent reader 👀 show some love by hitting the like button ⭐