Chapter 9: Funky Friday

[Sal]

It is now a week later one Friday and Travis' friends are going to be coming over this weekend. It is lunch and Sal is just sitting alone in some grass, on his phone. He would be with his friends, but today he felt like being alone. He has been stressed witth Travis' friends coming down. They have a motel for the nights, but they are all gonna suprise Travis at Sal's house. He was excited to meet them, but just stressed with the whole getting Travis to his house. How was he gonna do that? He figured he would deal with it tommorrow when they suprise him.

He started hearing a ringing coming from his phone and not so shockingly it was Daffy. Sal answered. "Hey what's up Daffy?" Sal asked. "Hey Sal. I just wanted to let you know we are at the motel. When are you gonna be at the park?" Daffy asked. "I'll be there about 3:30. I'll see you all there." Sal said before hanging up. He sighed. This is gonna be one funky Friday.

[Travis]

Travis was sitting in the empty cafeteria writting. He was missing his friends and sister so much. The only way he knew how to get the weight off of his back is to write it down. Although he was writting it down he didn't write it down as if it was a journal. He was writting poetry. Even though he is a writer he has trouble writting his feelings down in a "normal" way. He himself never understood why. He figured it was because of how he has trouble communicating his feelings. The bell rang indicating that he needed to get to class. He got up and packed his stuff before going to class the poem he wrote still fresh in his mind.

"There is a heart and there is a whole. When the two combine it hurts more then you can imagine. When you find tissue for the whole your happy and it doesn't hurt, but tissue doesn't work forever."

[Daffy]

"Alright we're here!" Daffy said pulling into the parking lot. "Yes!" Beth said excitedly. All three of them and the little girl named Cassie got out of the car and went inside. "I am just so glad my foster parents let me go! I was scared they wouldn't let me see Travis because of how homophobic they are." Cassie said getting her backpack out of the trunk of Daffy's van. "Me too, kiddo. He is gonna be so excited to see you." Daffy said ruffling up her dark brown hair. "Hey! Don't do that!" Cassie said before laughing. Daffy laughed aswell before they all got into the motel room.

"What time is it?" Beth asked. "It's 12:45, why?" John answered. "Perfect! I wanted to get ready before meeting Sal." Beth said before she happily walked to the bathroom. Daffy and John sighed. They knew that ment she was gonna take forever getting all "gothed-out". Even though she was a platinum blonde she was a total goth, but they liked that about her that's what makes her Beth. "I dunno about you guys, but I am hungry. Let's go get some of that McDonald's down the street." Daffy said. "Yay!" Cassie said excitedly. Cassie almost never got fast food so when she did she was always excited. Daffy grabbed his keys before shouting through the bathroom door "Do you want anything?" Beth answered "No I'm good!" He rolled his eyes. "Ok, quarter pounder got it!" Daffy said before leaving with Cassie.

Daffy saw Cassie like a little sister because he and Travis were like brothers themselves. They had been friends for years so there is nothing that can separate them. Daffy was so excited to see his brother, it was that kind of excited that you just can't explain.

[Sal]

It was now after school and he was now walking to the park. He was just around the corner and he could hear a funny argument between a girl and a guy.

"There is no way you can compare Corey Taylor and Peter Steele! Peter Steele is way hotter!" Said the girl. Sal couldn't help, but agree with that.

"What!? No way! Corey Taylor I like a thousand times hotter then Peter Steele!" The guy said.

"You just don't have good taste! That's why your single as fuck!" The girl responded with and Sal couldn't help, but snicker a bit. He didn't know who they were because he couldn't see anyone, but he figured they were at the park.

He walked around the corner and there they were. It was Beth and Daffy arguing and John was just sitting on his phone. There was the little girl who he knew was Travis' little sister. She was giggling at the two while they agrued. "Hey guys!" Sal said getting all of their attention. Daffy turned around and smiled. "Oh hey Sal!" Daffy called out. Sal made his way over where they were and sat in the grass. Travis' little sister was wearing a black dress matching Beth and black boots. She looked quite adorable. Daffy was wearing jeans with a band shirt. Beth went all out. She had the black dress, fishnets, big black boots, she even had a little makeup on. John was wearing black skinny jeans and a red shirt.

Daffy had introduced Sal to everyone and they were all hanging out now. Sal was scared to meet them, but he then realized that they were actually really cool.

They were all standing and they noticed that John was just barely taller then Sal. John was also pretty short, but he was at least taller then Sal. "Hey look we found someone shorter then John!" Beth said jokingly making them all laugh including Sal. "I thought it would never happen." Cassie said jokingly. Cassie had the opposite problem. She was really tall just like Travis. Sal thought it was funny how the two of them were like giants compared to him.

"So what made you guys come up here?" Sal asked. He knew there had to be a real reason to come up here. Who visits their friends after just a month? "Well the truth is, is that I am gonna be moving soon and John really needs to talk to Travis. We brought Cassie with us because she needs to see her brother. She misses him." Beth explained and Cassie nodded in agreement. "That's great. I'm glad you guys came here." Sal said with a smile underneath his prosthetic. Daffy nodded.

After an hour of hanging out and a very heated conversation whether Peter Steele or Corey Taylor were hotter, they all split up.

Sal sighed as he layed on his bed next to Gizmo. "Hey Gizmo. I missed you." Sal said petting Gizmo. Gizmo responded with a small 'mewo'. Sal took out his phone and decided to text Travis.

Blueberry: Hey do u wanna hangout tmrw??

Jellybean: yeah sure what time?
(Yes he did change the name back)

Blueberry: 5 @ my place?

Jellybean: sure I'll be there

Sal smiled. Now the next step is to just get them over here and then they can all hangout! Sal looked at the time and it was 8:43. Even though it wasn't super late for him he was tired, so he decided to go to bed. Sal got comfortable after taking off his prosthetic and glass eye and drifted of to LA LA land.

Hey guys! It's super short I know. I am probably gonna be updating later then usual, but I am still continuing! Thank you all for reading! Well, I hope you all have a awesome day/night!

-Bri <3