Chapter 12: Fuck The World (pt.2)

[Travis]

It was about thirty minutes after he left Donomic's house and he was outside of Sal's apartment. Knocking as if his life was on the line. Donomics words spun around his head. Does he really like Sal? There is no way!

Sal opened the door worry in his eyes. "Oh my God! Travis are you ok?" Sal asked. Travis didn't realize how hard he was knocking. "Yeah, I was just curious if we could hang out?" Travis asked. Sal nodded. "Yeah, c'mon!" Sal said letting. Travis inside.

"Do you want any snacks?" Sal asked. As Travis sat on his couch. "No thanks, I am good." Travis said with a sweet voice. "Wanna play video games?" Sal asked and Travis nodded. They both went into his room and played on the Gameboy. Even though they were playing and hanging out Travis' thoughts were still racing.

Somehow the two boys ended up sitting on the ground. Travis' head was on Sal's lap while Sal played with his hair. There were no words said as comfort flowed through them.

Out of nowhere Travis said something. "What's under your mask?" Travis asked. "Prosthetic." Sal corrected. Travis nodded. "My bad, but can I see?" Sal could tell Travis was just genuinely curious. Something about Travis was just irresistible. Usually Sal wouldn't show anyone what's under his prosthetic, but he couldn't help himself when it came to Travis. He unbuckled the back of his prosthetic and took it off. He was scared up half of his face. It looked as if he had gotten attacked by and animal. Even though he had many scars that didn't make his any less beautiful to Travis.

"Your scars make you even more beautiful."

Travis truly admired his scars. To others he may have been "ugly", but to Travis it made him more beautiful because it showed that he overcame a serious problem.

Sal wasn't expecting him to react this way at all. He was expecting him to call him ugly and get out of his apartment, but he instead made Sal's heart feel like it had stopped. Tears started running down his scared face. Travis wiped his tears and gave him a sweet smile. "Don't cry." Travis said. Sal did indeed stop instead a beautiful smile spread across his face. Travis lightly traced over Sal's scars to show how much he cared for all of Sal.

Travis sat up and cupped Sal's cheeks. They both slowly moved to the middle and shared a light kiss. It lasted a few seconds before Sal realized what was happening. He stopped the kiss and moved his head back. Guilt and shame filled Travis' body. "We can't do this. I don't want you using me to get over John. Please leave." Sal stated softly but hurt. "W-what?" Travis asked his voice cracking. "I don't want you using me to get over John." Sal said looking down. Travis knew that was his que to leave, so he did just that.

Travis knew that the kiss was more then just getting over John. He was over John before they even broke up. It was only the guilt that made him feel bad. He didn't want Sal feeling like he was just being used, but how was he gonna show Sal that he truly like him?

Travis layed in his bed while guilt fed at him. He hated this. He liked Sal, but he knew that Sal would never believe him if he had just said that.

Why was the world such a cruel place? Why must the world always make things harder? What is wrong with the world?

"Fuck the world." Travis said. He was tired of the world. The world ruined his childhood and now it won't even let him have the person he wants most? How stupid.

Weeks had passed and Sal ignored him. The more Sal had ignored him the more Travis' heart broke. Even though Sal wanted to talk to Travis he was to stubborn to admit it. From his own beliefs he was hurt.

One Sunday Travis was laying om his bed thinking about Sal when he realized enought is enough. He needs to tell Sal his feelings or else it will eat him up. He rushed out to the living room "Hey Londra and Diane!" He said to them as he rushed putting on his black leather boots. "Oh hey, Travis! Where are you going?" Londra asked looking up from her book. "I am gonna go to Sal's!" Travis said. "Ok! Have fun!" Diane said before unpacking the T.V and Lonra had just nodded. Travis then rushed out of the house and went to Sal's.

Travis knocked on Sal's door as he anxiously tapped his foot. Even if Sal declined him he didn't want to be chained by his guilt and regret.

Sal opened the door and he was about to tell Travis to leave until Travis said "Wait just hear me out!". Sal nodded letting him continue. "Sal I really, really, like you! I wasn't trying to use you and I don't want to.  I have liked you for a while, but it took me a while to realize it. I want to be yours. I am over John. I have been! All I want is you!" Travis said and sighed. Sal was shocked, but then a smile spread under his prosthetic. Sal uncliped the first strap of this prosthetic to show his mouth. He grabbed Travis' chin and kissed him passionately. It was a kiss that could only show true emotion.

"So, what are we?" Travis asked when the kiss ended. "I think we are together. Don't you think?" Sal asked. Travis nodded. "Yes, I think that's perfect, blueberry." Travis said. "Ok, jellybean." Sal said.

Hey! Thank you all for all the support. Sorry that the ending was a bit rushed it's just I really wanted this fanfic to end. I will be working on the epilouge now! I hope you all have a beautiful day/night!

-Bri <3