this is me trying

2004

2004

It had been almost ten years since the boys had died, and about 8 years since Julianna died. She had still been looking for the boys but she hadn't found them, she visited her parents every so often, she couldn't leave them. She watched as they tried to move on from their kids dying but the grief was too strong. She watched as they fell out of love with each other. But she couldn't handle that so she watched as she got them to fall in love with eachother.

She watched as Bobby changed his name, now going by Trevor Wilson and she watched as he stole the songs of his so-called best friends. Yeah, she knew he was grieving the loss of his friends but she was angry he didn't even credit the others. Taking the music and money for himself. She wanted to find a way to discredit him but couldn't. She couldn't find anything so she gave up and had been praying that his grief and guilt would eat him alive sooner or later.

She had been to almost every place in the world now, being a ghost and having the powers to teleport anywhere had its perks. She was currently walking the streets of Times Square, looking around at the people talking and walking around. She had been there for only a couple of days, doing her monthly travels. She was about to go back home already missing her friend Willie, he was also a ghost that she had met when he ran into her on the street. She had been the happiest she'd been since she had lost her brother. She was relieved to have someone and to not be alone anymore.

She knew about his problem with Caleb and as much as she wanted to free him from his hold, she couldn't. Caleb was too powerful and had too much power for her to compete with. But she was always there for him when he needed someone and he was there for her. They had eachother and that was all she needed.

She had also visited Rose, the girl she met when the boys died. She had wondered how she was so she would visit her and talk to her even though the woman couldn't listen. The last time she saw the woman she had been expecting her first child and was due anytime now. She was happy for the woman, sure they only met once but that night had changed the girl and was also going to be in her memories. She was with the girl when she last saw her brother and seeing her now helped her.

After the first five years and not finding her brother, Julianna started to lose hope she would ever find him. But she still had a little, not wanting to give up on him because she knew he would never give up on her.

As she was traveling she wrote more songs and sang a lot of them. That's how she found out people could hear her sing even though they couldn't see her, it had confused her and others but she was happy she could share her music with people when they needed it. Now she was at Times Square, sitting near a small park. She had grabbed her guitar and songbook, finding a song she thought would be best to sing. She started playing her guitar, letting it play for a couple of seconds before she started singing.

"I've been having a hard time adjusting
I had the shiniest wheels,
Now they're rusting
I didn't know if you'd care
If I came back