Fate by Flowers

"She likes me,"

"She doesn't like me,"

"She likes me,"

"She...doesn't like me."

A frown appeared on the boy's face, as the last petal of the sunflower fell from his fingers. He glanced at his side, looking at the empty seat. His eyes fell over to the petalless flower stems beside him. He's been sitting at the park, plucking flower petals to decide his fate. The girl he liked, always went there, and he was just busy admiring her and wondering if she liked him back.

But no matter how many flowers he tried it on, it always ended on the one he didn't want.

The sun was almost setting, as he realized just how long he had been there making flowers bald. So long that the girl he came there for had already left long ago and he didn't even notice.

---------------------------------------

"I just want to say," He swallowed hard, rubbing his palms on the hem of his shirt as he mustered up the courage to voice his feelings.

"I like you."

He stared at his own reflection, shaking his head as he thought that was too straightforward.

"I-I just wanna say...I've liked you for a long time."

"Nah. Makes you sound like a creep." A girl's voice suddenly made him jump, almost bumping into the mirror of his locker. The girl who spoke earlier stepped back a little, as she got the impression that he may be the clumsy type.

"Chill, I ain't biting you. At least not hard." She whispered the last sentence under her mouth, to which he stepped back a little.

The boy closed his locker door, as before, he only saw the girl's shoes, and her baby blue backpack hung from her shoulder.

The girl turned her head to face him. Black mid-length hair with blonde highlights at the top, soft yet bold features, wearing a black jacket with a plain white T-shirt and denim skirt. She seemed to have a laid-back expression on her face, which turned into a smirk.

"I know I'm hot. You don't have to stare at me like a creep." She said, snapping her fingers at the boy's face, making him blink for the first time since he stared at her.

"Since you're not saying anything, I'm the new kid everyone is gossiping about." She said before flashing him a smile, leaving him still processing a situation in the hallway.

-----------------------------------------------

"She likes me..."

"She doesn't like me. Damn it!" He cursed out, throwing the flower stem away and throwing it somewhere, when suddenly felt someone sit beside him on the park bench.

"Hey, you're the one from the hallway? You go here too?" The girl he met earlier said, sitting beside him, setting her backpack over her lap.

"Y-yeah."

"What's with the stuttering and-" She suddenly stopped mid-way when she saw some flowers beside him, while some of them were out of petals, as she raised an eyebrow at him. The boy noticed that she had seen the flowers and he just hung his head in embarrassment.

"What did you do to those flowers?" She asked, giving him an 'I'm weirded out' expression.

"Do you pluck those then they tell you if your crush likes you back?" Her words made his eyes wide as he looked at her. A mischievous smile played on her rosy lips.

"How did you know?"

"I saw you saying it right now. Are you really oblivious to your surroundings?" The girl remarked sarcastically. The boy looked to the ground again.

"So you're not gonna tell me your name?" The girl asked, resting her back on the bench.

"Beomgyu. Choi Beomgyu." The boy answered timidly.

"So who do you have a crush on anyway?" The girl asked, swooping a little closer to the guy as he moved away a little too. She got the idea that he doesn't like being close to people.

"Come on! I won't snitch, I promise. And I NEVER break my promise." She said, putting her hand on her chest and emphasizing 'Never.'

"Her name's Jiyeon." He whispered, as the girl's eyes widened.

"Wait, is her name Ko Jiyeon?" She asked, when Beomgyu looked at her.

"You know her?"

"Heck Yeah! She's the reason I transferred here!" The girl exclaimed, as Beomgyu showed no reaction.

"Okay, how about this, I try to get you two together, cuz I know my friend is a hopeless romantic." She chuckled, while Beomgyu's eyes lit up, something she found new, as all the times she saw him, he was timid and shy or showed no emotion in general.

"So now...you can stop your flower-balding ritual." She said, taking the flower from his hands.

Ryujin suddenly glanced at her watch, as she suddenly got up. "Well, my curfew is almost over, gotta go now, bye!" She said, waving him goodbye with a charming smile, an enchanting one that made Beomgyu stare at her again.

"Wait!" He suddenly called out, as Ryujin halted, turning around to see him walking over to her with a sunflower in his hand.

"Take this," he handed her the flower in his hands as Ryujin looked at him in confusion. "As a thank you. For helping me. I really like Jiyeon." He spoke.

"Give it to Jiyeon, she loves sunflowers." She said, returning the flower back to him as she flashed one last smile and left.

At a distance, a certain someone watched the two, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Interesting..."