Red Lights

(A/N: inspired by the song 'Red Lights' by Hyunjin, BangChan. Yall can proceed freely, I will NEVER write smut.)

Her slick black stilettos echoed through the place as she made her way over to her destination. Multiple portraits were hung on each side of the dimly lit hallway. Her lips curved upwards, a smile of contempt showing as she spotted her own picture between them.

Her mid-length ebony hair was left loose, and the jet-black gun stood within her grasp. The elevator doors slid open, as she walked in, pressing the 7th floor button as she waited to reach her spot.

She fiddled with the gun in her hand, admiring its elegance and shine. It surely was an honor to receive a personalized weapon made just to fit her. A ding rang in her ear, indicating she was at the 7th floor, as she stepped out.

Upon arriving at the doorstep, she rang the doorbell. A small smile etched across her face as she saw the person opening the door.

"You're here already?" His deep voice asked, letting her inside his unit.

"Were you not expecting me then?" She asked, fluttering her long eyelashes.

"No, I'm just surprised because you always make me wait." He replied, before pressing a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Well, I didn't make you wait this time." She said, her arms wrapping around his neck as she clung onto him, gazing deeply at his eyes.

"Congrats on being promoted, now you're a rookie." She said, without tearing her eyes from his. The man in front of her chuckled.

"I've been here for 4 years, am I still considered a rookie?" He asked, pulling her closer.

"Hmm...I've been here for 8 years, don't you think you're a rookie compared to me?" She teased, coming closer to him as she left a feather kiss.

The two of them went silent, when she suddenly pulled away from their hug. The taller male gave a look of confusion, not yet understanding her actions. "Beomgyu," She started. His whole attention focused on her, wanting to listen to what she wanted to say.

"Do you regret this?" She asked, her tone shifting to a serious, yet calm one. "Do you regret leaving your normal life just to join this organization? Are you only staying with me because I'm pretty?" She asked. Her face showed no emotion. Being this secret organization for almost a decade, she had honed the ability to control herself. If there was one thing that she learned, it would be to never let them know your next move. A blank face. No one can guess what you're about to do.

This wasn't her first time being betrayed, in fact, it happened multiple times before. A lot of people took advantage of her, thinking they've gotten a hold of her, but the only thing they've gotten a hold of is trauma. She's not the one to go easy. Holding the highest position in the organization didn't come from her skills, her attitude also played a supporting role in securing her position.

Her past was better to be left alone.

'Never sacrifice for someone who wouldn't stay by you at your worst.' Those are the words she lived by.

"Where did that come from?" Beomgyu asked, puzzled by her sudden question.

"Answer me." She replied, ignoring his question. "I trust you, I genuinely love you. If you don't feel the same way, you can tell me. I'll let you go." She said, her words rolling off her tongue so effortlessly, yet so sincere.

"I don't regret joining this life. It's something I've done on my free will." Beomgyu confessed.

"I like you for everything. Not just your looks." He added, answering her questions as he watched Ryujin. Her blank face, one without emotions, stared back at him.

"I would never leave you alone..." His voice deepened, his tone screaming sincerity. Of all those years of being in the organization, Ryujin could easily spot a hidden lie in every quote. And he had none. What he was saying was the complete and utter truth, both of them knew it.

"I love you." Though those 3 words were not something she didn't expect, but thought behind was what made her melt her icy heart.

"And I'll never leave you alone."

Their eyes gazed at each other. Neither of them said a word, just silence that made them comfortable, a contrast to their dangerous life in reality. No one really was safe in that organization. Even with the utmost security, you could be killed in just a blink of an eye. That's just how their life was.

Around the time Beomgyu had joined the organization, he was mentored by Ryujin, who despite being the same age as him, was far more skilled and professional than he probably will ever be.

Over the years, he grew a liking towards her, and so did she.

This love wasn't ideal, but maybe they both had odd choices in life.

"I love you too." Ryujin spoke, after moments of silence, locking their lips together one last time.

Author's Note:

Here's another oneshot. this one's shorter than my previous ones, simply because dragging it out wouldn't be that good. got really motivated to write one after replaying red lights for the 100000000000000000th time. i hope yall enjoyed reading this dangerous love/mafia love kinda troupe. if you have any requests, feel free to say it, i'm open to suggestions.