Fate by flowers PT#2

Timeskip: 3 years later.

"So are you done playing cupid now?" Hwang Yeji, a new friend of Ryujin who she had gotten really close with, said, sitting down beside her while Ryujin laid flat on her stomach, tired of basically everything.

"If you like him, then go for it! If he embarrasses you then I'll just use my stilleto to poke his eye out." Yeji remarked, as Ryujin flipped over, lying on her back now. She gave her a raised eyebrow, while Yeji shrugged. Stilettos were best for poking something out anyway. Or as Yeji called them, 'Her Ultimate Weapon'.

"Okay, he's been saying that he doesn't like Jiyeon anymore since last year, but yesterday I just saw him at the cafe with her! I don't even know if he even likes her now? Cause you can't just fall out of love! Help me!" Ryujin got up, shaking Yeji by her shoulders as the older girl stopped her before she went any further and made Yeji sick.

"First of all, I'm not an object, don't shake me like that." Ryujin let out a whine, when Yeji suddenly put her hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming any more.

"Second of all, just confess! It's so easy~" She said, and Ryujin only buried her face more on her baby blue plushie.

"It's not that easy! I HAVE PRIDE YOU KNOW? What if he says no?" She voiced out, and Yeji surprisingly caught every word she said, even if it was muffled because Ryujin was screaming in a pillow.

It was funny how the tables turned so drastically, from Ryujin becoming his wingman, to her developing a 'secret' crush on him, to Beomgyu getting over his silly little crush over Jiyeon. Ryujin and Jiyeon were still friends, but for some reason Ryujin thought Jiyeon and Beomgyu were being distant towards her.

------------------------------------

Ryujin and Beomgyu sat on the couch of their college dormitory, doing a much needed project that could possibly put Ryujin out of the 'Failures' league and get Beomgyu into an Ivy League school. Polar opposites, right? Well, opposites do attract.

"Does this look good?" He asked.

What exactly was their project? A drone. Both took mechanical engineering as their subject, with Beomgyu doing it on his free will, while Ryujin only did it because she was expected to get a degree in a good subject, and she chose this one in particular because she gets to see Beomgyu everyday, even if they don't want to.

"Yeah, you look good." Ryujin suddenly snapped out of her daze, realizing that she just voiced her thoughts out loud.

"What?"

"I said it looks good. Ugh! Why can't you listen the first time?" Ryujin suddenly raised her voice, in hopes of covering up what she just said. Beomgyu on the other hand genuinely looks scared.

"Relax...geez. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." He said, going back to the project again.

"Hey," Beomgyu suddenly turned around to face, and Ryujin quickly snapped back so Beomgyu couldn't see the fact that she was practically drooling over him.

"So my friend likes this girl..." Ryujin nodded, knowing very well that it was him who likes a girl, and gestured to him to continue.

"And he cannot tell her." He spoke, as Ryujin bit her inner cheek, forcing a smile because she knew where this was headed.

"So since you're a girl, I wanna ask you how he should confess." He said, as Ryujin pretended to think.

"Well, he should probably take her out on a date, and then confess." She replied, somehow her heart fluttered as she imagined that it was Beomgyu.

"Okay, good to know. I'll let him know." He said, as he went back to working on the project.

------------------------------------------------------

If she ever asked her past self what she would do if she liked someone, her answer would definitely be anything else other than plucking flowers and deciding fate by that. But as the author said before, the tables had turned, and Ryujin found herself in the same position as Beomgyu.

She watched the sun set into the horizon, as a weak smile painted on her lips.

"He likes me..."

"He doesn't like me."

"I like you."

Ryujin suddenly whipped her head up, seeing Beomgyu take a seat beside her at the park, just like they did three years ago.

"Now stop plucking those petals." He said with a chuckle. Ryujin on the other hand was caught completely off-guard, staring at him with wide-eyes, sure that she wasn't daydreaming.

"W-what?"

"What? I said I like you. Don't you like me too?" He asked with a smile, as Ryujin was too stunned to even comprehend what just happened.

"But...I thought you still liked Jiyeon..."

"I told you, I don't like her anymore. And she's the one who's been forcing me to confess."

Ryujin still does not believe him. It was too sudden. She didn't think Beomgyu actually liked her back. "Is this a stupid prank?" She asked, punching his shoulders a little.

"Not a prank! Just believe me!"

"When did you get this bold, huh?" Ryujin said, bickering again.

"Blame Yeji and her brother for teaching me." He spoke with a sly grin.

"Ok, proper confession." Beomgyu composed himself, before turning to face her properly, as Ryujin rested her chin on her palm, ready to listen as if she didn't just confess too.

"Ever since last year, I realized I didn't just admire you," He said, his voice laced with sincerity. "I started like you too."

"I didn't know you liked me back too, because I thought you were just a friend." He said. Ryujin was silent, but on the inside she could feel the butterflies going crazy. She felt her cheeks heat up, and an unintentional smile crept up her face.

"Until Yeji told me you liked me too." Normally, Ryujin would be mad that Yeji just exposed her secret, and she's gonna remember it for later to give Yeji a lecture on how she shouldn't expose her to the people she likes, but this would be an exception. But she took a mental note to give Yeji a lecture anyway.

"I like you, Ryujin. And I'm sure it's for real this time."

"Then prove it." Ryujin suddenly spoke out of the blue. "Prove that you like me. I don't want my heart broken."

What caught her off guard was a pair of lips on hers.

Her heart fluttered, warmth spreading through her as she felt a rush of adrenaline. It was sweet, and short. Though she felt like time stopped when he put his lips on hers.

"I promise I'll never break your heart."

Beomgyu held out his pinky finger, intertwining them with Ryujin's, as he smiled again. Actually, he couldn't stop smiling.

A certain someone watched them from afar, just like three years ago. And with a wide grin. An arrow stuck behind both their backs, which only she could see. The arrow suddenly faded into dust, leaving a red trail, which indicated that her work there was done.

Yup, you guessed right! Cupid.