The Smashed Sandwich Incident

Draco Malfoy had always prided himself on his impeccable taste. From his tailored robes to his refined palate, everything about him exuded sophistication. That is until one fateful day in the Hogwarts library.

It started innocently enough. Draco was engrossed in a particularly riveting book on magical theory when Harry Potter, of all people, stumbled into the aisle. Potter, as usual, seemed completely unaware of his surroundings, his unruly hair even more disheveled than usual.

Draco tried to ignore him, focusing on his book. But then, Potter did the unthinkable. He tripped over his own feet and crashed into Draco's table, sending Draco's perfectly crafted sandwich flying through the air.

The sandwich landed with a resounding splat on the floor, its contents oozing out in a most unappetizing manner. Draco's mouth hung open in shock as he stared at the mess before him.

Potter, to his credit, looked mortified. "I'm so sorry, Malfoy. Let me help you clean that up," he stammered, reaching for a napkin.

Draco waved him off, his pride wounded more than his sandwich. "No need, Potter. I can handle it," he said stiffly, gathering up the remnants of his lunch.

But Potter was persistent. "Please, let me make it up to you. I'll buy you another sandwich. Or two. Whatever you want," he pleaded, looking genuinely remorseful.

Draco hesitated, his anger melting away at Potter's earnest expression. Perhaps, he thought, this could be an opportunity to finally bury the hatchet between them.

"Fine," he finally relented. "But you're buying lunch for the rest of the week."

Potter grinned, relief flooding his features. "Deal."

And so, as they walked together to the Great Hall, Draco couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, there was more to Harry Potter than met the eye. And as for the smashed sandwich? Well, it was a small price to pay for a newfound friendship.