Chapter 7 | Come What May

Without her boss's approval, Aradhna took matters into her own hands, uploading the interview late into the night. She felt a surge of satisfaction knowing that the truth would soon be revealed to everyone on Sunday morning news.

However, when she woke up the next morning, her excitement turned to confusion. "I want to see the news," she demanded eagerly.

"There's no story, I've been watching TV all morning," Jagruti retorted, refusing to relinquish the remote.

Frustrated and bewildered, Aradhna sought out Vikram on her way to his cabin. "Where is he, where is our boss?" she exclaimed.

As she finally saw her culprit her voice tinged with urgency. "I can't believe it, you did it again. You think you can see women's truth, but what about your truth?"

Reyansh met her gaze with an unreadable expression, prompting her to continue her tirade. "You believe only you can be right. Is this your commitment to journalism?"

"We don't run only one-sided news at News Nation..." The voice blares through the office from every screen, and Aradhna is taken aback. She turns immediately to find the interview running on the channel during primetime news.

"This is my story, it's airing now," Aradhna fumbles with her words as she faces back at Reyansh.

He seems unfazed and moves towards his cabin.

Throughout the day, Aradhna finds herself distracted, her thoughts consumed by Reyansh. She can't help but stare at him whenever her eyes catch sight of him, and his demeanor raises curiosity within her. For a brief moment, she even feels a pang of remorse for shouting at him and assuming the worst.

The next morning, Aradhna notices an unusual level of attention directed towards her, leaving her puzzled as to what could have caused it.

Suddenly, she receives a call from her old boss. "Hey Aradhna, funny story—I found out today that someone filed a #MeToo complaint against your boss. Who's the girl?" His tone is superior, as if he's making fun of Reyansh's ordeal.

Aradhna is taken aback by the news leaking out so quickly. "I've heard that the board of directors is replacing him with some puppet of theirs who will be less rebellious. Oh Aradhna, the company will soon sink after the scandal, and without him, you were good here."

Feeling uncomfortable, Aradhna quickly cuts the call, her mind swirling with uncertainty and apprehension.

___

Aradhana took a deep breath before addressing the HR team. "I filed a complaint against the company's post last Friday, and I can see how upset everyone in the office is. But getting someone with courage fired—it's said now that an honest reporter's job is always in danger. Yet, one who sees the truth without fear is worthy of praise. And Reyansh Lamba is insane; his insanity is his weapon."

She paused, gathering her thoughts before continuing. "So, I gave it a lot of thought. Must I overlook his misbehavior, given his courage? Must I condone his despicable behavior for the sake of good reporting? No, because I am a journalist, and also a girl. If I remain quiet and suppress my voice, wouldnt it be wrong? Can we separate a persons talent from his behavior?"

Vikram tensed up as he listened to her words, exchanging looks with Suhana, the HR representative. Aradhana persisted, "As far as I know him, he is extremely arrogant, insane, weird. He speaks anything out of turn to everyone and anyone. He challenges the entire world and proudly asks them to refute him. Such people are rare, but the same Reyansh has such rigid views against women and such wrong thoughts that at times I have the urge to slap him and give him a lecture that he is wrong."