First Things First [1.0]

Note: Back with another Anhane book yet again, this won't effect the frequently of the drabbles book updating, I'd like to mention that before anything else! This will also be cross posted on my archive account, which has the same username as this one.

The full term story won't contain angst as the main focus of the storyline, this is mainly meant to be a light hearted (semi-plotted) fanfiction about the girlies.

With that being said, enjoy as always. (There won't be that many author's notes throughout the chapters, those would just be announcements)

- - -

“An-chan? Are you awake?” Kohane tapped An’s cheek over and over until the girl’s lashes fluttered apart, glancing towards hers.

“Maybe?” She smiled, rolling over on the bed. “The sun isn’t even out yet..” An mentioned, pressing her lips together in disappointment.

She almost forgot the fact that they even shared dorms, only moving in just a week prior, which was evident by the piles of clothing and unbuilt furniture that was scattered on the wooden floor of the room.

“True..but we have a class in thirty.” Kohane mentioned.

“Oh, okay. I can rest for a little bi–” She paused, sitting up on the bed. “Thirty. As in, thirty minutes.” 

Upon the first nod that Kohane had made, she immediately tossed away the blanket onto the ground, rushing to the other side of the room. 

The sun hardly even picked its way through the hills and clouds blocking its directory, incredibly early in the morning yet the campus was already (Somewhat?) wide awake. Entrances of professors into their designated classrooms were made, lessons beginning in the campus right at the scheduled times given.

They had made it right before the technical start of the class, although the professor had already begun talking, quickly rushing over to the nearest open seat in a duo of collected whispers. Kohane had a set of two notebooks and a whole pencil case placed onto the table carefully.

“What class is this?” An asked, attempting to keep her voice low.

“Psychological writing.” Kohane replied.

“Oh, why are we taking this again?” She questioned, only receiving a shrug from the girl as she turned her attention towards the front of the room, pen and paper ready.

““When life gives you lemons..you make lemonade!” Except the quote was said by no particular individual, as the phrase has been integrated into our society so much it’s hard to figure out who actually originated it. 

That’s what today’s lesson is on, the study of origin and the path we take to make our own lives our own version of well..us! — as stated by poet—”

Silence. Utter silence was all that filled that large classroom, at minimum, two hundred young adults had to have been sitting in those rows. Sure, that could be taken as a sign of respect for the teacher but it also managed to be discomforting simultaneously.

The only noises that were near An were the gentle scribbles of a pen and the occasional swipes of a highlighter made from Kohane, whom of which was paying attention to every single word and detail spoken by the professor, writing in a perfectly formulated and comprehensible writing style. 

What about An? Completely empty handed, not expecting to actually be doing anything on the first day despite Kohane having a fully printed schedule with every single work plan until December of that year. She was shocked by how Kohane showed up to their dorm with two large stacks of papers, now the dots were connected and she still doesn’t regret appearing empty handed.