3

𖡼𖤣𖥧𖡼𓋼𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

Wavy hair, small face, smooth skin and brown eyes.

"Who are you?" she asked again more firmly.

"Um," I can't answer.

I can't decide whether to be afraid of her or to be worried. Her face describes a lot of things, but somehow you can't quite decide what she's feeling.

"Danielle!? We've been looking everywhere for you, you idiot!" Hanni shouted behind me.

The girl's gaze quickly shifted behind me and her face completely changed.

"Hanni," she said with a grin as the other girl walked past me and hugged her.

"Where were you?! We were worried as hell!"

"I got lost again."

Her body language screams that the Vietnamese girl shouldn't touch her. Her hands were clenched into fists and she seemed to be shaking a little.

"Dani, next time we will have a day where I teach you where to go."

The girl laughed and let Hanni pull her past me. Her eyes met mine and I could see how afraid she was of me.

***

After we managed to call everyone around the fire, we sat down again. Minji and Hyein looked like they were being chased by something in the woods. Their hair was full of plants and sticks, it was very funny.
Danielle sat across from me and kept smiling at everyone.

I don't like that...

"Oh, right!" Hanni suddenly spoke while her mouth was full of bacon. "Dani, the girl who found you is Haerin, who I told you a lot about."

Her eyes fixed on me again. She smiled like when I found her she wasn't about t-

"It's nice to finally meet you, Haerin," Danielle said softly.

"Yeah, likewise."

I felt Hanni's eyes suddenly focus on me when she heard my tone. I don't want to be a jerk, I don't know her but something's really wrong.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes I'm just tired, that's all."

"Did your social battery run out?"

"Probably. This was a long day," I replied with a smile.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" Hanni asked.

"Oh no, I don't want you to be away from Jake and your other friends, I'm sure I can find my way back home somehow."

"Are you crazy?"

"Actually, I can walk you home too. If you want," Minji said next to me.

Looking at the girl, I saw that she was already pulling on her cardigan.

"I'm not Hanni's friend and I'm bored to death," she continued. "You know what? Please let me walk you home."

"No," Hanni said suddenly before I could answer.

"Why?" Minji asked back firmly.

"It's okay Han, she said she's bored anyway," I replied in a calm voice.

Hanni looked at Minji as if she had killed all her family members. I don't understand why she dislikes her so much, she's funny and nice. Hanni looked at me and I saw her face relax a little. Shrugging, she stood up from her chair and headed towards Jake.

"She'll calm down," Minji whispered.

"Oh believe me, I know."

"Let's go," said the tall girl and started walking towards the trees.