Prologue

The wind was blowing strongly while we were looking at the landscape, well, she was looking at the landscape. I found her more interesting than the view.

"If I've disappeared," she said softly, "would you look for me?"

Her eyes were sparkling like they used to when she's thinking hard about something. If you look at her face just a little bit longer, you realize almost immediately that she doesn't sleeps much. I still don't understand how other people can't see it.

Turning her gaze towards me, she's showing her scars on her face, which she got yesterday. I can hardly see it because the hood is on her head again like every night, but it still makes my stomach clench.

"I don't know," I replied. "Why?"

She blinked softly then turned back to the stars and just looked ahead.

I answered wrong again, didn't I? I don't know when I'll stop doing that and pay a little more attention to what I'm going to say. I act like I don't have feelings and she's the last person I want to believe that.

It's quiet, but it's not uncomfortable. Silence's never uncomfortable with her, which is a huge word. There aren't many people I can be quiet with and not be bothered by the thought that I have to speak because they expect me to.

I'm always curious what she thinks about. If it could be just for a day or an hour, I would love to be in her mind.

I wonder if I cross her mind, just as much as she does mine.

"I would,"

"What?"

"I would search for you," she answered more firmly.

Putting my thoughts together I tried to answer but it didn't work. So I asked instead.

"Why?"

"Because when I take a look at my life and all of my crimes," she said, "You're the only thing that I think I got right"

𖡼𖤣𖥧𖡼𓋼𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

***
New book yall and this will be slower than the first one☠️☠️

☆☆A song called 'Grace' by Lewis Capaldi inspired the story☆☆

I hope everyone will like it, enjoy!!
♡♡♡♡♡♡