1

𖡼𖤣𖥧𖡼𓋼𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

"Wow this place is lovely," said mom.

I can't believe we are finally going on a vacation. This time we aren't just going to the beach, no. My mother had a friend who had a daughter and we got along quite well. We haven't seen each other for a while, but we've been messaging each other on the phone ever since. One day I asked Hanni, the said girl, to get her mom to contact mine.

Mrs. Pham quickly said yes and called my mom around spring to invite us to their holiday home next to their house in the summer.

Well, they didn't have to beg us to go. Mom loves to travel, especially to new places.

Actually, I don't exactly know where are we going, except that it's a village full of forests and mountains, where Hanni thinks everyone is cute. I doubt that.

I never liked meeting new people. I find it difficult to trust others but now I will have to open up to other people. Hanni has a small friend group or what and she wants me to meet them. To be honest, I'm really afraid of them.

The Vietnamese girl has always been popular everywhere. She had many friends back then when she lived in our town. Everyone knew her at school and many people wrote her love letters. You should know about Hanni that she's very picky. So when she called me one day saying that she had suddenly got a boyfriend, I chocked on my ramen.

There are more 5 person besides Hanni on the group. One of them is Jake, aka Hanni's boyfriend. Minji will be there for sure, the girl who keeps popping up in our every phone calls. I don't even understand why at this point.

Sometimes she talks about her more than Jake. These days when I pick up the phone, her first sentence is "Minji is so annoying" or "I hate Minji". I asked her several times why she was friends with her, but she can't give a normal answer.

"I know," I replied to my mom with a smile, then looked out the window.

"Haerin, look, there's the village," Mom said excitedly.

Looking down at the bottom of the mountains, the village was indeed there. It was neither too small nor too big. There were lots of trees surrounding the houses.

I really hope Hanni is right about the people.

***

We soon arrived at the holiday home and it looked beautiful obviously. I think we can safely say that the Pham family is rich.

A huge white house with many windows stood in front of us. As soon as we entered, my mother seemed to freeze for a moment. Dad just went straight into their room with the suitcase. He was almost never interested in anything, he was much quieter than mom.

I had my room and my own bathroom upstairs. It looked white and modern, had a single bed, a wardrobe, a carpet and a desk. The window is located directly next to the bed, which gives a very nice view of the opposite house.

Compared to how much stuff we usually pack to go on a vacation, we didn't bring that much this time. Maybe it's because we won't be staying longer than five weeks or maybe mom was just too tired to pack the whole house.

I've never packed much. I have a small black suitcase that can carry around 5 or 6 outfits, cleaning supplies, food and medicine. It rolls easily and fits everywhere. I really love it.

I strated unpacking when suddenly the doorbell rang. I ran out the door and looked down from upstairs, waiting for my mom to open the door and see who's behind it. I really hope it's-

As soon as I saw the person's long black hair, I ran down. Carefully pushing my mother aside, I put my arms around the girl tightly.

"Haerin?!" Hanni asked in surprise while I hugged her from behind.